Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Air bag light

Old August 7th, 2018, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air bag light

went to have my suburban inspected and the air bag light is on. My mechanic changed both front sensors and the code immediately comes back. He said the current is fluctuating to the sensors causing the issue. Said to take it to the dealership to fix. The dealership said it was the air bag sensors and replacing them would fix it. I told them what my mechanic said however they still said it’s the sensors. they replaced them and the light still comes on. I reiterated the wire current issue but they say it’s a calibration issue with the new sensors. They have had my car for 2 days and still not fixed. Today they were supposedly on the phone with GM tech support trying to figure it out. I am beyond frustrated now bc I am just racking up diagnostic charges and nothing is being accomplished. They also tried telling me I needed all of this other work done to pass inspection that my mechanic says doesn’t need to take place. Anyone have any ideas what could be going on with the air bag system???
Old August 8th, 2018, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

impossible to say without codes
Old August 8th, 2018, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

The codes that are being thrown are B0083 and B0084. The said today it was the control module and they replaced that but the codes still showed up. They have checked all wiring from the two front sensors to the module and no issues with the wiring. This afternoon they told me that there are actually 4 sensors in the front so they are going to check the other two tomorrow AM. Anyone ever experienced anything like this. It’s starting to get a little ridiculous!!
Old August 8th, 2018, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

model year, engine
Old August 9th, 2018, 4:48 AM
CF Beginner

2008 1500
Old August 9th, 2018, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

the codes should have suffixes ie 00 or OF. this describes the type of fault.
b0083 is set for the front end sensor...00 would mean the fault is short to grd, voltage or open circuit.

the fault can only be in the sensor, the module or the wiring that connects the two. since swapping the sensor didn't fix it; the wires should be checked...for open and shorts. if the wiring is ok and the sensor is ok...by default...replace the module. there is no way to test a module so you test everything else first and if it all checks out replace the module.

Search this Thread