Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   3rd Row Seats - Sell? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/3rd-row-seats-sell-41740/)

SabrToothSqrl April 12th, 2011 10:37 AM

3rd Row Seats - Sell?

Bought a '09 Tahoe LTZ, black NEW in 09...

Back seats (3rd row) were used ONCE. then removed.

They have sat in my basement.... (I built a nice cargo pickup style box for my back)

anyway, I've seen them go for around $800 on ebay?

I have the black ones, factory to my LTZ (leather)...

I can get pics of them

Should I keep them or sell them?

The plan is to keep the tahoe until it falls apart (hopefully 10+ years).

I like to keep my factory stuff, but IF we ever have kids, 2 will be the max... which means I will never have a use for the 3rd row.

In 2 years and 33,000 miles I've never taken my pickup box out and put the back seats IN.

So, do I get what I can for them, or just let $$$ sit and rot in my basement?

I'm near Harrisburg, PA if anyone on here wants them. I think they are the 3 across back seats but will get photos if anyone is intrested....

08 burb fan April 12th, 2011 6:51 PM

I'd see what you could get on a decent price that you'd feel comfortable with on Craigslist.
But if you ever have to trade it before you expect to, you might be penalized w/o em.

I've used my 3rd row a dozen times in 55K miles (3 yrs) so I know what you mean. Nice to have but not a necessity.

73shark April 12th, 2011 8:54 PM

What about when your "two" kids want to take a couple of their friends some place?

Just sayin'. And you will take a hit when you get rid of it.

SabrToothSqrl April 13th, 2011 7:40 AM

hmm

they can ride on the roof :)

I keep cars till the wheels fall off, in 14 years I'm not sure back seats will make a large diff at sale..

I think I will sell them... get some photos tonight...

rosencra38 April 13th, 2011 3:42 PM

I'm not sure about the back seat issue you have there but I am very interested in seeing pics of this cargo pickup box you said you built. Sounds rather interesting.

SabrToothSqrl April 14th, 2011 7:58 AM

yea

I have a home theatre to setup tonight; but I will try to get pics / measurements for everyone here... I planned to, just never got around to it.

ousig2408 April 14th, 2011 9:40 AM

I assume you have the bench 2nd row. we have the captain chairs so we keep 1 of the back seats in but if we had a bench I probably would try and sell them also. Currently it is nice to be able and drive with 6 people comfortably but it only happens every once in a while.

SabrToothSqrl April 14th, 2011 12:30 PM

nope

I have 2nd row captains. hence the need to build the pickup style box, so crap in the trunk doesn't come flying forward, also protects the floor and made a flat floor.

I will post pics tonight

ousig2408 April 14th, 2011 3:05 PM

I would not sell them then since you would basically have a huge 4 seater. the kicker would be if/when you plan on having kids you will use the back row.
We have a 2 year old and just to take our parents around we have to put someone in the back. It is nice to take 1 out so you have more storage but still have the 5 seats.

zaxter October 2nd, 2012 1:07 AM

hi, do you still have that third row seats?
and how much do you want for it? i like to buy it?
thanks.