Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   4WD 2007 Tahoe Owners (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/4wd-2007-tahoe-owners-5474/)

doo600 February 16th, 2007 1:26 PM

4WD 2007 Tahoe Owners

When I back out of the garage in the morning I hear a kinda dull thump. Doesn't sound like anything serious just wondering if anyone else hears this and what it could possibly be. The garage is heated so it couldn't be a cold issue.

07LTZGREYSTONE February 16th, 2007 1:44 PM

RE: 4WD 2007 Tahoe Owners

do your neighbors have any pets?? j/k.. cant help you there

ZX1100F1 February 16th, 2007 2:04 PM

I have a similar problem; (usually in the morning) when my wife backs out of the garage, I hear a loud thump then a crunch followed by a lot of swearing, then when my kids run out to see what all the commotion is about then I have one upset Mom and three crying kiddos to deal with, and all this before 7:00AM.

Needless to say we're on a first name basis with the local bicycle store and get Christmas cards from the Body and Fender Shop.

doo600 February 16th, 2007 2:12 PM

ORIGINAL: 07LTZGREYSTONE

do your neighbors have any pets?? j/k.. cant help you there
Not anymore :D

sjenkinzz February 16th, 2007 2:15 PM

I bet you hear the thump when you cut your wheels to the right or left? If thats the case, it's normal. Not sure what it is but all my 4wd's have done it in the past including my '07. The cure, don't have it in 4wd or auto. If you live where there is alot of snow, well................

doo600 February 16th, 2007 2:36 PM

ORIGINAL: sjenkinzz

I bet you hear the thump when you cut your wheels to the right or left? If thats the case, it's normal. Not sure what it is but all my 4wd's have done it in the past including my '07. The cure, don't have it in 4wd or auto. If you live where there is alot of snow, well................
Actually it's going straight back. I get a couple feet and get this little thump. No problems noted while driving or in 4WD.

You know I started thinking about this and I think it might be when the tires hit the relief cut in the concrete. I guess that's a possibility.

biglg February 16th, 2007 3:57 PM

NO thump on the backup. However afterI shut the engine off i have always heard an unusual sound. Never heard anything similar on other vehicles. It makes a clunk, or thud sound. It isnt super loud, but it is a thud that has always had me wonder what was making the noise. You might not even hear it if your radio is on and you arent listening for it. Is this just my Tahoe?

deejayrock February 16th, 2007 4:14 PM

biglg,
I know exactly what sound you are hearing mine does the same when started and turned off.Not sure what it is though, maybe transmission?

Also, on the way taking the Tahoe to the dealer for oil change I was sitting at a red light with my foot on the brake and hear a loud CLUNK, sounded as if it was coming from the trans, it felt like someone hit my truck.
Told the service guy about it and "they could not duplicate the issue".

Jay

jlenkows February 16th, 2007 4:48 PM

It's operating as designed.

engine2 February 16th, 2007 9:04 PM

Mine is not 4WD, but I hear a thump every once in a while and I live in a warm climate. To me it sounds like the thump comes from the brake calipers. I am not too concerned about it, but curious to know what it is for sure.