Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

95 Tahoe (Tube) Type Fuse Myster???

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2015, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 Tahoe (Tube) Type Fuse Myster???

Hello,

Oddest thing, I found a 2A,250V tube type fuse in the passenger side floor board of my 95 Chevy Tahoe(which I love), and now my cigarette lighter, and auxiliary power options don't work, my auto door locks don't work, and the button on my dash, that releases the rear hatch door(it lifts up), don't work. I cannot find anything about this fuse location, you can't see anywhere obvious when looking under the dash. I also found a little black **** that appears to have been a threaded and would of been screwed into somewhere to hold the fuse in, and it has been broken off at the threads, as well as a little metal piece that would be a contact for the fuse(like the spring in a flashlight I assume). Please help if anyone knows where this goes. I appreciate it. My first post, so I hope I did everything OK. (on the fuse, it shows 6G2A on one end, and 250v, on the other end)
Thanks again,
Lee
Old August 30th, 2015, 1:00 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

These vehicles don't use glass-tubed fuses.

The only thing I can imagine is the fuse and the other pieces came from something that was plugged into the cigarette lighter. It overloaded and blew the fuse, taking out the cig lighter and a few other items. Check your fuses and I would expect you'll find the one for the cig lighter burned out.