Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   99 suburban all power locks dead (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/99-suburban-all-power-locks-dead-45161/)

livinginsuburbania September 7th, 2011 10:50 AM

99 suburban all power locks dead

When I purchased my suburban it came without the remote. Non of the power locks worked on all four doors. The dashboard lock/unlock button worked for a few days on the back door/privacy glass combo but then that died too. I don't get any clicking sound on any of the locks. I have to use the key to unlock each door, one at a time. I don't have any blown fuses, I don't have any electrical issues with any other function(s) ie. pwr windows or mirrors etc..

I've read previous threads about locks not working properly and I'm guessing that I need to start by replacing the drivers side door lock actuator? Is that correct? If that doesn't work then what? do each door too? Is there a relay somewhere under the dash that controls just the locks? Do I need to check for continuity between the battery & current door lock actuator?

Not sure where I should begin. any help in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

A.

73shark September 7th, 2011 11:37 AM

Checking to see that you're getting power to the switch and at least one of the actuators would be a good first step. If any extra-curricular wiring activities have been done on the truck, then you'll need to trace out the wiring from the switch to the actuators.

kevinkpk September 7th, 2011 3:23 PM

You say switch on the dashboard? or is it on the arm rest? I am not sure, but I think (not dealing with remote, did you replace battery in remote?) the drivers side switch is the master, and could just be that.

livinginsuburbania September 9th, 2011 12:58 PM

99 Suburban, none of the electric locks work.

1 Attachment(s)
I do not have the key remote that locks/unlocks the locks. In the attached picture you can see the button switch. There is button on dash that controls the lock/unlock function of the rear window/door locks. I will check for power to the drivers door controls to make sure there is current and that all wires are in good shape etc. will post back. It should be that if the drivers door functions work then all 4 would work off that main switch, correct??

kevinkpk September 9th, 2011 1:17 PM

So what I see is the rear hatch. The others are located on the arm rest (area), none are working? This sounds like a body control module. You have checked fuses. I think the drivers side window switch is master control, and if there is no power to it, I believe none of them will work.

livinginsuburbania September 9th, 2011 4:01 PM

the drivers side power window works fine,as does the control for the other 3 windows work fine. Yes, the button on dash is for rear hatch, which used to work but not now.

kevinkpk September 9th, 2011 4:07 PM

So, all the windows work except the rear hatch?

kevinkpk September 9th, 2011 4:11 PM

Pull the rear hatch panel to the actuator see if you are getting power when you hit the switch. Looking at your image, I'd guess the switch is the problem.

Norwood399 September 2nd, 2017 6:23 PM

Power locks

I had exact same problem w 2001 Suburban...it was the relay in dash fusebox....next to drivers door.