Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Air only blows on defrost vents

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2016, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air only blows on defrost vents

I have a 2013 suburban. Used the remote start today and now the vents are stuck on defrost only. All switches light up on the control panel. I can hear a noise when I switch from defrost to vent but nothing happens. Also Bluetooth is showing a call connected and doesn't shut off. It's never done this before today. I'm trying to head out of the state for a funeral and panicking now.
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:52 AM
CF Active Member

The remote start system is designed to warm your car up on cold days. The defroster is activated, regardless of what your controls are set at to clear a fogged or frosted window. System should return to your control settings when you put the key in the ignition and turn it to run. If problem persists, try disconnecting the positive cable from your battery for a minute or two and see if that will allow the system to reset.
Old October 6th, 2016, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

I will try the battery. Once I got in today and put the key in the control was set to vent and floor. It continued to blow on defrost regardless of what it was switched to. It did that on hot and AC.
Old October 6th, 2016, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

I will try the battery. Once I got in today and put the key in the control was set to vent and floor. It continued to blow on defrost regardless of what it was switched to. It did that on hot and AC.
Old October 6th, 2016, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Disconnected the battery to reset. That didn't work. Looks like we have to replace the actuator motor.