Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   any one want to know how to program a key with the + on it (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/any-one-want-know-how-program-key-6548/)

dombklyn00 April 11th, 2007 1:17 PM

any one want to know how to program a key with the + on it

I have instructions to program a key with the + on it its simple but a dealer would charge from 50-100 to do it it works every time email me at bklynitalian26@aol.com its 20 bucks to my pay pal and its all yours

rruelas April 11th, 2007 2:57 PM

RE: any one want to know how to program a key with the + on it

The extra key cost me about 35 dollars at the dealer. That includes cutting it. But to have the dealer program it, the service tech said that he would have to have to charge me one hour to program it for me, but he said that anyone can do it.

All you do is get in and close all your doors and keep them close till you finish programming all your keys. take your original coded key,insert it and turn the ignition to the on position for a few seconds then turn it off, then quickly insert the new cut uncoded key and turn on the ignition and start the car. Thats all there is to it.

One thing to keep in mind, if you lose all your keys, you'll have no choice but to pay the dealer to code an extra set even if you have the key code when you bought the car. It would be a good idea to keep an extra copy somewhere safe just in case

doo600 April 11th, 2007 3:11 PM

:DThere goes his 20 bucks

Trick Concepts April 11th, 2007 11:10 PM

30 dollars to make me one extra coded key..... thats a deal.... Marie

07summitwhite April 11th, 2007 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: dombklyn00

I have instructions to program a key with the + on it its simple but a dealer would charge from 50-100 to do it it works every time email me at bklynitalian26@aol.com its 20 bucks to my pay pal and its all yours
[sm=closed.gif]

ZX1100F1 April 11th, 2007 11:23 PM

Replacing a Key:
[ol]With an unlearned master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Observe the security indicator, after approximately 10minutes the telltale will turn off. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5seconds. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3cycles or 30minutes. Important:The TDM learns the key transponder information upon the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle. With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information. [/ol]
Adding a Key:
[ol]With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key. Within 10seconds insert the key to be learned. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF. The vehicle has now learned the new key. [/ol]
No charge.