Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Back to the dealer... trip number 301

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2011, 7:24 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nope

Nope, I'd still go with the honda:

Honda Expands Airbag Recall to 1.6 Million Vehicles - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

Looks like Honda got the air bags right, but not the replacements.
The automaker’s reason for expanding the recall is not due to defects from the factory. “Unlike the first two recalls for the faulty driver’s airbags, the latest recall covers vehicles that did not come from the factory with faulty parts, but rather potentially had faulty Honda parts installed after being involved in a collision,” writes Left Lane News. “Because Honda cannot properly identify exactly which vehicles have the faulty parts, the automaker must recall all 833,000 vehicles and inspect them to determine if they contain the dangerous airbag inflators.”

Love honda... but they don't really have anything that can pull my 26' boat and or a jeep on a trailer...

Whenever I buy a pressure washer, the engine is ALWAYS a honda. Had a Honda ATV from 1986... damn thing STILL runs!

Ohh, the dealer did fix it, and i'm back... let's see if we can go a whole 6 weeks without seeing them again... (place your bets now!)
Old May 6th, 2011, 8:35 AM
CF Addict

Default Recalls

you want to play the recall card?

GM Recalls 170,000 2011 Cars, Trucks & Vans - The Consumerist

"During an investigation into steering wheels that came loose—a recall which affected some 2,000 Cruzes—GM says it discovered a wider issue. Roughly 154,000 Chevy Cruzes have steering columns that were improperly installed during manufacturing."

I HATE IT WHEN MY car's steering wheel comes off!

Customer complaints also helped GM identify a second problem, this time with the Cruze's automatic transmission. An improperly installed linkage may inhibit the driver from shifting the Cruze into the proper gear. This defect affects about 120,000 of the sedans being recalled for steering issues, the company reports.

I HATE IT when I can't shift.

The company warns that its 2011 model year Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks may have windshield washer arms with loose nuts, preventing them from operating properly. Roughly 6,300 trucks—over 4,600 of which were sold in the U.S.—may have this issue.

I HATE IT when my windshield wipers fall off.

And 8,700 of its 2011 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans are being recalled for possible brake fluid leaks.

I HATE IT WHEN my brakes work as well as Tesla's on the track at Top Gear...
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am always amazed that most of these recalls (not just GM but all brands) are for stuff that you think after 100 years of making cars we would not have these issues.
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:28 PM
CF Addict

Default agreed

It's a catch 22.

say they kept the old tahoe style, GMT800 (i think) by now it would have been fixed to near perfection, every year it would get a little better.

But, without a new style, who would buy it? all the new tech in the GTM900 adds nice things people want to buy, but haven't had 100 years of refinement...

so... what can ya do?

well, Jeep HAD been doing it right, a new version (of the wrangler) every 10 years... 10 years of a product improvement on the same design...

I will try not to get into how bad they F'd the JK up, with it's minivan engine, pitiful tranny, and purses style interior...
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

SabrToothSqrl, glad to see your dealer was able to get the issues resolved for you. Did you end up contacting the BBB? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
CF Addict

Default no

no, not this time, you can relax.

I've never had a complaint against this dealer, they are very nice, helpful, and well, good.

Only against the vehicle it's self

Today is 5/6/2011 let the record state I believe something else will go wrong by 7/6/2011.

Something requiring me to take it to the dealer... (12x to sutliff, 9x now to Lawrence)

Want to place a bet on it Jeff?
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

What was the solution to the red lite on the mirror?
Old May 6th, 2011, 1:17 PM
CF Addict

Default parts

I was told they replaced the bluetooth antenna, which... was working fine. other than the red light on the dash.

speaking of, i still haven't recieved my vehicle report i was told i was going to last week (from OnCrack)... time to hit the blue button!
Old May 6th, 2011, 1:50 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl

well, Jeep HAD been doing it right, a new version (of the wrangler) every 10 years... 10 years of a product improvement on the same design...

I will try not to get into how bad they F'd the JK up, with it's minivan engine, pitiful tranny, and purses style interior...
Personally, I thought the '86 CJ-7 was the pinnacle for Jeeps. Don't even ask about Cherokees. Had several. Big POSs IMO. They make the NBS Tahoes look like a paragon of reliability.
Old May 9th, 2011, 7:17 AM
CF Addict

Default yea

My favorite was the TJ... best suspension and least wussy inside... the 2011 is such a... bleck... makes me want to vomit...

Quick Reply: Back to the dealer... trip number 301