Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Back to the dealer... trip number 301

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jkj860
I hear you! I'm so tired of "sensors" going bad that cause my vehical not to operate. Now my stabilitrac is F'd up. Probably another sensor thats costs $500 to replace. I will never buy another gm product again. The only American made product I would maybe trust is Ford at this point. My two Hondas that are both 12 years old are doing fine though. Go figure.
I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've had with your vehicle. Have you ever been in contact with our Customer Assistance team to see what we can do for you should an issue like the one you describe happen again. Also, If you would like to purchase the parts you are looking for yourself you can check out www.gmpartsdirect.com among many others to find and subsequently order the parts yourself if that is what you are looking for. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 12th, 2011, 1:52 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default another trip

need to setup trip #13 now. (14 from original dealer, 13 to this dealer = 27)

right front speaker is making a god awful noise when i play anything with bass or take phone calls!

GO GM!
Old May 12th, 2011, 2:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and go BLOOSE I mean bose...
Old May 12th, 2011, 5:32 PM
CF Addict

Default yea

well, the speaker is fine, i just dont think they screwed it in firmly to the door... so it rattles... remember, my tahoe was assembled with spit and bubble gum...
Old May 12th, 2011, 9:02 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

You sure are hard on your truck.
Old May 18th, 2011, 3:34 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
well, the speaker is fine, i just dont think they screwed it in firmly to the door... so it rattles... remember, my tahoe was assembled with spit and bubble gum...
SaberToothSqrl,

Did you get the issue with your speaker taken care of? Please let me know.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Assistance
Old May 19th, 2011, 7:52 AM
CF Addict

Default No

Not yet, i'm too busy to drop everything and deal with the hassle.

How about you BMW me?

Where you pick my car up from my work, while dropping off a newer version of it?

You know, like a good car company does...

I spent $54,000 on a Tahoe, and I MIGHT get a POS rental wreck.

My co-worker got a $46,000 caddy (that he hates) and they give him... A CADDY.

Shoulda spent the extra few grand on the X5...

Now I know... as does everyone I ever meet

When my 4x4 SUV w/towing package goes in for service, what do you think I need? a Geo Metro? a Lumina? No Genius, I NEED A TAHOE / SUBURBAN / YUKON. I need to tow 6,000 lbs, I need a GPS. that's what I BOUGHT THOSE THINGS.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; May 19th, 2011 at 7:57 AM.
Old May 19th, 2011, 8:24 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

When my 4x4 SUV w/towing package goes in for service, what do you think I need? a Geo Metro? a Lumina? No Genius, I NEED A TAHOE / SUBURBAN / YUKON. I need to tow 6,000 lbs, I need a GPS. that's what I BOUGHT THOSE THINGS.
I hear you on this one... I pay for rental insurance on my vehicle so when I hit a deer a while back and I took my 07 Tahoe in for repairs... they gave me a Pontiac G6... wtf?!? sure it was peppy but I was now sitting at the same height as the door trim of my truck, could now seat 4 less people and forget about towing anything...

As for my dealership its a luck of the draw , if you get in early and are having warranty work done and it requires them to give you a free rental... they usually always have a couple of new to newer vehicles ranging from Tahoe's to Camaro's however the sweeter ones usually go quick....
Old March 5th, 2012, 1:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Just read today that Honda just increased the number of vehicles on the air bag recall. Somehow a random, spontaneous air bag going off rates a little higher on the OMG factor than a Stabilatrac lite.
Not really when the vehicle decides to shut down randomly to zero whether going down a country road or 70 mph on the dan ryan expressway. Could make for a nasty day! Never had an issue with the airbags on the Honda's but several with the stabilitrac on the Burb in the couple years I had owned it.

Last edited by jkj860; March 5th, 2012 at 2:07 AM.
Old March 5th, 2012, 3:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much would it have cost you to keep your 95 Tahoe instead of trade/sell it? $5k plus a few hundred a year for insurance?

I regret trading in my 99 Suburban instead of just keeping it. My 05 has been good, only been to the dealer one time, but I got "t-boned" in it once and my truck needed two new doors and a replacement step bar. Parts and a few hours labor, should have been quick. Except this happened to me about a week or two after we had an ice storm, and in Louisville we do not get weather like that, so the drivers are not used to it. As you might imagine, every body shop had a very long backlog of work and their parking lots were all full of wrecks. It took 7 weeks for my truck to be fixed.

I had rental coverage but every car rental company had a "no towing" policy and the best vehicle I could find was a Durango with a V6 and the cheapest option package anyway, and I had to wait several days to get that because there just were no rental vehicles at all for a while, people had them all. This cost me a little bit of work because I couldn't tow anything for 7 weeks.

Anyway, it is sure bad that your Tahoe is unreliable but if it's that important to you and you have enough money, get a backup vehicle. $0.02.

Quick Reply: Back to the dealer... trip number 301