Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Blower motor woes 2006 Tahoe help!

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2018, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor woes 2006 Tahoe help!

OK a couple of weeks ago I turned off my Tahoe and the blower motor kept running with the key out of the ignition. I pulled the blower motor fuse and did some research and determined it was the blower motor resistor. Bought one off of Ebay and waited not so patiently for it. Just put it in and put the fuse back in and now the fan wont come on at all. You can hear the compressor working and the back A/C works but nothing coming out of the front. Could the part I got be bad or is there something else I am missing that it could be? I am at a loss on this one. Thanks in advance
Old September 10th, 2018, 10:03 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Make sure the fuse is good and also check the fan relay.
Old September 10th, 2018, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am steering towards a bad blower motor resistor. I went the cheap route and got one on ebay and it seems to not work. I put the old one in and the blower motor started right up. So the next question is where do you get a good blower motor resistor from that doesn't break the bank?
Old September 10th, 2018, 11:47 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Rockauto.com is very good. if I am in hurry I go to Advance Auto parts and buy online and pick up in store. By doing this I get a 20% discount that you don't get in the store.