Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   BlueTooth + Iphone 3GS / 4 (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/bluetooth-iphone-3gs-4-a-34125/)

SabrToothSqrl July 6th, 2010 7:51 AM

BlueTooth + Iphone 3GS / 4

Well, dropped off the Tahoe at the dealer today to hopefully fix the bluetooth issue's I have had since it was new 21,000 miles ago (i'm a busy guy)...

When making or getting a call the display will show nothing (blank) or 'unavailable' when the phone clearly shows the number of who is calling and obviously knows what number I am calling FROM it...

I still feel it's pointless to know the number, as no one knows numbers, only NAMES, just bluetooth the NAME to the display from the phone, but hey it's supposed to work... so let's at least get it working.

SabrToothSqrl July 7th, 2010 8:09 AM

Well, dropped the Tahoe off at 8AM... got a call at 2:00PM, couldn't find anything wrong. (well duh). The service guy went into some speach about how On$hit doesn't always have caller ID in specific areas, due to service agreements, etc... I didn't have time to explain so I just said 'your not even close'... (I am only using the Tahoe as a speaker phone, with MY phone). Why would anyone pay for another phone?! Who has a $55,000 SUV and ohh I don't know.. NOT a cell phone? (But that's another thread/rant).

Went to show the manager at 4:15PM, where we made some outgoing calls and recieved some as well. Approx 1/2 the time the caller ID would not show on the display under the Tach, while 1/2 the time it would. Some of the time it would say 'unavailable' which I thought odd for an OUTGOING CALL!!! The phone showed the caller ID perfectly every time, just that the information isn't getting to the Tahoe... He said he would look into it. Looks like GM will be cutting me another check for a feature they 1/2 assed again.. (First one was voice commands for navigation destinations for $940.00).

Yes, I checked the GM web site, the iphone 3GS is compatable w/the 2009 Tahoe for the features I am stating.

73shark July 7th, 2010 8:49 PM

I'd give up my voice-activated Nav function for $940.

SabrToothSqrl July 8th, 2010 8:23 AM

well

not just the loss of the function; but the fact that this NEW vehicle has been to the dealer more than 16 times...

Fast55 July 9th, 2010 11:14 PM

I've noticed the same thing with my '09 LTZ and my BB. It seems it's more an issue with the phone you're using than the truck. My BB Pearl seemed to work every time, but the new BB has that no display issue when I call someone back from the "missed call" log, but not when I dial out from the phone book or when I receive a call. I don't call that a GM problem. The truck was made before the phone, so can you really expect them to have 100% connectivity/functionality with anything made after the truck?? Glad you got the refund on the voice command, but mine got fixed and it's still fixed. I think these issues will be there with any mfg. and devices made after your production date. The E55 has more issues on the electronics than the Tahoe and was $100K. MB laughs at the problems. Fewer problems with the Lexus, but they still exist. More tech. = more potential issues.

SabrToothSqrl July 12th, 2010 8:26 AM

well

The GM web site says for an '09 Tahoe that it works 100% with the iPhone 3GS, the dealer can either make it work or cut me another check.

Sorry, not backing down. If they would say 'some compatability' or 'known issues' or 'we are too stupid to make it work' that would be one thing, but in multiple places I read it is supposed to work.

Others on this forum have 3Gs's and they work with their trucks.

I would have taken a fix for my voice commands, I gave them the oppertunity to fix it 8 times over 3 months... it was at the dealer now 14+ times since new. I have the paper work.

I'm not asking it to launch missles, part traffic, or get 40 MPG... I'm just asking it to do what the web site and manual says it can do. If not, GM is lying and it's bull $hit.

SabrToothSqrl July 16th, 2010 12:22 PM

Continues

Yesterday I met with Jim, the service Manager at Chevy on the Carlisle Pike, in Mechanicsburg, PA.

Sat in a 2010 Tahoe LTZ w/sat nav (just like my 09)... his phone worked 100% calls in and out were ID'd on the dash. 100%.

I paired my phone. Fingers crossed. Made 5 outgoing and 5 incoming calls.

all 100% worked, showed on the dash 100% of the time.

Went back to my truck, which works 80% of the time with my Iphone 4, the wife's 3GS (my old one) and, now testing w/Jim's Droid something on verizon.

With Jim's again 80% of the caller IDs were not shown or said 'unavailable' even though he was calling OUT... of course the PHONE KNOWS who it's calling...

Jim went out of his way to trouble shoot this with me, even after calling GM and getting an idiot who said GM had nothing newer.

It works in the 2010 model. It will work in my '09. Under warrenty because the web site says it's supposed to.

Jim says the parts should be in by Tuesday, and hopefully by Wednesday I can get them in.

Jim also owns a boat, and I have theory that boat people are not only nicer, but more the kind of people that enjoy solving problems... since I've never gone a season without a 'problem'... :)

so, Jim has restored my faith in GM's customer servicing, although the techs he calls apparently need to learn a few things...

Of course I told Jim he could just keep my '09 and give me the 2010, but that didn't seem likely... the 2010 does have new door grips in the front (but not the back)... and I don't think I like them as much. Also the cup holder along the door has changed slightly.

73shark July 16th, 2010 5:30 PM

This reinforces my theory that it's best to get to know the service mgr personally to get the best service. It works for me.

in2pro July 17th, 2010 2:08 PM

I don't know if I want to be at the dealer enough to get to know my service adviser too well :) but I defiantly go back to the same adviser every time when I pull up to the service lanes...
I personally don't use / have a need for all the bells and whistles that some vehicles come with but I would agree that the auto manufactures do need to get with and stay up on the program as the technologies are coming fast and the easier they integrate to a vehicle the better...
Something that would serve the industry well is a type of open source where the users can tailor some features such as the Bluetooth and navigation but its likely to never happen....

SabrToothSqrl July 19th, 2010 7:19 AM

yea

Rumor is GM will hook up w/Google on a new head unit... 5 years too late.

I want the MyFord Touch like you wouldn't believe... that head unit alone sells a whole car to me. (the 2011 Edge).

I do IT for a living, I have an iphone, I NEED tech in a car.