Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Which to buy? Tahoe or Suburban? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/buy-tahoe-suburban-68868/)

mppederson December 2nd, 2014 4:12 AM

Suburban All The Way!

I've owned three Tahoes: A 2003 Green LT Tahoe and a 2005 and 2006 Black Z71 Tahoe.

For families with 2 or more children, the Suburban is the best 4WD SUV made. When our two children were young, the Tahoe was fine.

When my daughter's friends started riding along on camping trips and ski trips, I WISHED THAT I'D BOUGHT THE SUBURBAN. The extra cargo space would have been invaluable. We used cargo carriers and hitch mounted boxes and they both worked alright, but they were an inconvenience and made parking in Hotel underground parking difficult. Friends who've owned the Suburbans, had so much more room for friends, dogs and luggage and toys.

Enjoy!

99 Z56 December 2nd, 2014 11:04 AM

Go Suburban

I worked in sales at a Chrysler dealership for 25 years. Your Tahoe/Burb dilema reminds of people buying Dodge Caravans in the late 80's and early 90's when the Grand Caravan was introduced. I sold people with 2/3 kids aged 3-8 the regular Caravan because of their budget where they could have purchased a Grand Caravan for 1500/2000 which wouldn't have added much to payment over 4/5 years more and it would have suited their needs better as the family grew. I did have a few customers come back 3 or 4 years when the kids were now 7-12 and spent 7-10,000 to upgrade to a Grand caravan so they'd have enough room. I now own a Burb, 1994 4 x 4 and only bought it because I after 3/4 years of looking I couldn't find a decently priced Tahoe with reasonable mileage and if though I am in my 60's now and its 98% me just driving it, I'd never give up my Burb for a Tahoe.

I know I sometimes go on and on but I have to tell a story. I have been trying to buy a 1972 Burb from a lady and we have agreed on a price but she won't follow through because her Dad bought the Burb new and it has always been in her life and she has lots of memories of it as kid. Hopefully she lets me ( as she has assumed me ) buy it form her when she is ready to sell.

Bottom line here, I say buy the Burb and load it with all the options you can put on it because you never know how your needs will change and your Burb will be there for you, ready for anything as long as you feed it gas.

Tystevens December 2nd, 2014 1:24 PM

I sound like a broken record, but Suburban all the way. Almost no drawbacks to the Suburban.

Rear seat is much more comfortable. The extra space is invaluable. My brother was taking the seat in and out of his Tahoe endlessly; I've scarcely ever had to remove it in the 'Burb, because there is so much room. I also find the 'Burb to ride more smoothly. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd go Tahoe over 'Burb, personally.