Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   A/C not blowing in front, only when moving. Rear, ok. (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/c-not-blowing-front-only-when-moving-rear-ok-26157/)

amerino28 September 22nd, 2009 6:38 PM

A/C not blowing in front, only when moving. Rear, ok.

I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. 58k miles. A/C worked perfectly until recently. Ok, So here is the problem. It started in late July. I have yet to take it in. I would like to see if this is something that I can repair myself. When the problem started, the front a/c would kick on only when it wanted to. Then about a week after this, the front a/c went out entirely. It only blows cool air when the truck is moving and if its NOT n recycle. The controls do not work either. The a/c and controls for the back passengeres work just fine. I do not know where to begin! lol Please help me!

Hardin Thicke September 22nd, 2009 10:25 PM

Sounds like the main blower motor is shot. I believe the rear HVAC is on a separate blower. Does the defroster work? You're getting air while moving because it's being forced in when the control in on fresh air.

amerino28 September 23rd, 2009 3:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hardin Thicke (Post 114452)
Sounds like the main blower motor is shot. I believe the rear HVAC is on a separate blower. Does the defroster work? You're getting air while moving because it's being forced in when the control in on fresh air.

Thanks for your reply! I have to double check, but I THINK the defroster does work.. Ill have to re-post tomorrow a.m. to confirm this. Yes, that makes sense that I only get air while moving. Its cool air. like having a/c, just not blowing hard and no control. Do you this this may be a vacuum hose leak? Thanks!

Hardin Thicke September 23rd, 2009 9:26 PM

If your defroster works, then it won't be a dead blower. I had to replaced mine once already and the motor is not cheap!

amerino28 September 24th, 2009 3:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hardin Thicke (Post 114636)
If your defroster works, then it won't be a dead blower. I had to replaced mine once already and the motor is not cheap!

I checked it, and it actually DOESN'T work. So you're probably right. I think I may take it in next week. It's under extended warranty. I will let the mechanics know to check the main blow motor.

73shark September 25th, 2009 6:44 PM

Did it not work on any blower speeds? It may be the speed select resistor.

amerino28 September 26th, 2009 2:23 AM

None of the speeds worked. The screen displays its on max A/C. It doesnt respond to anything.

Nehyatt August 6th, 2010 4:35 PM

What was the problem. I
Having the same problem

Nehyatt August 11th, 2010 5:57 PM

Ac

I'm having the same problem with my truck. I don't have warranty. Can anyone tell me what's the problem

73shark August 11th, 2010 8:52 PM

Welcome to the forum.

What year and model?