Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   can/how install AUX port in '03 Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/can-how-install-aux-port-03-suburban-45006/)

slugg08 August 29th, 2011 10:37 PM

can/how install AUX port in '03 Suburban

I have a 2003 Suburban LT with stock radio (6 CD changer). I think its a Delphi Part No. 15184935. I was wondering is there a way I can install an AUX port so I can connect my iPod to the radio. What are my options? By an adapter, if so what kind and from where, buy new stereo? Any help would be great guys, Thanks.

kevinkpk August 30th, 2011 10:26 AM

iPod CD Adapter - Electronics - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at Nextag - Pr

kawal January 6th, 2012 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by slugg08 (Post 190987)
I have a 2003 Suburban LT with stock radio (6 CD changer). I think its a Delphi Part No. 15184935. I was wondering is there a way I can install an AUX port so I can connect my iPod to the radio. What are my options? By an adapter, if so what kind and from where, buy new stereo? Any help would be great guys, Thanks.

I'm new to your forum, but I'm very familiar with many of the GM radios and very active on the Corvette Forum. The GM Version 2 PAL (Personal Audio Link) for the C6 Corvette will work great in your '03-'06 Tahoe and other full size GM trucks because they use the same Class 2 Communication System.

If you'll check out my Corvette Modification website:

C6 Corvette Modifications

you'll find the top link will describe the Version 2 PALs and you'll also find a link for Adding an Auxiliary Input to your C6 Corvette. If you have XM, you can use the auxiliary input harnesses. The PALs do not require XM because they will generate the XM band on your radio.

Also, on the main website, you can find a link for installing a PAL in my '06 GMC Sierra pickup, which is essentially the same as your '03 Tahoe.

You'll find my email address on the bottom of the website.

Ray

73shark January 6th, 2012 12:50 AM

Sabrtoothsqrl: Didn't you try switching off the VSS signal to enter addresses?

kawal January 6th, 2012 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 202200)
Sabrtoothsqrl: Didn't you try switching off the VSS signal to enter addresses?

Yes, the Navigation modification is also on my main website.

Ray

slw210 January 6th, 2012 11:49 AM

I run my iPod from the rear seat entertainment DVD with RCA adapter.

SabrToothSqrl January 6th, 2012 1:50 PM

yes

Originally Posted by kawal (Post 202233)
Yes, the Navigation modification is also on my main website.

Ray

Yes, interrupting the VSS wire on the GMT900 sat nav had poor results... even with the switch 'open' it would lock after about 30 seconds. it did not work well at all.

that web site is great, but the nav page needs broken into multiple pages... one LONG web page with huge photos takes a LONG time to load and almost crashed my firefox!

but great info on the site!

I even used factory connectors both ends to not splice anything as well.

I like the battery tender page; that's funny, it's now a hybrid!

kawal January 6th, 2012 4:09 PM

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl (Post 202258)
Yes, interrupting the VSS wire on the GMT900 sat nav had poor results... even with the switch 'open' it would lock after about 30 seconds. it did not work well at all.

that web site is great, but the nav page needs broken into multiple pages... one LONG web page with huge photos takes a LONG time to load and almost crashed my firefox!

but great info on the site!

I even used factory connectors both ends to not splice anything as well.

I like the battery tender page; that's funny, it's now a hybrid!

That's interesting about the Nav mod on the GMT900 Navs. I never tried that since I don't have any GM vehicles that use the newer GMLAN communication system. That mod has been done many many times on the C6 Corvettes, but we use the older Class 2 communication system like the '03 - '06 Tahoes and other full size trucks.

Even with the Class 2 vehicles, there is a limited time the user has to enter destinations, but the Nav never locks up - the user just has to close the switch momentarily then open it again to continue destination entry. I works pretty decently on the Corvette Navs.

Ray

73shark January 6th, 2012 6:12 PM

I didn't have a problem w/ Ray's web page. And I'm using Firefox 8. Hate it that the Google toolbar won't work w/ it. :mad:

partyd October 10th, 2013 8:01 PM

I use this interface in a 2003 suburban,your radio needs to have band and cd/aux button PIE GM12-AUX
It works great and show the aux after the xm channel