Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Coil spring isolators

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2007, 5:36 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Coil spring isolators

From what I have seen of your vehicle in the pics. The rear doesnt look to sit lower. In fact,I am sure it doesnt. In your driveway it looks almost perfect. It seemed it was SLIGHTLY higher in the rear! Maybe only 1/4 to 1/2 higher.

When I measure my stock height. From the center of both the front and rear wheels up to the fender my rear is 2 Inches higher!

As I mentioned, I would like to go about 1.5 front and 2 in the rear! Eibach has a 2/2 kit, but that would still have the drastic rake look.
Old January 26th, 2007, 5:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, the pictures are in my driveway and it dips down slightly where the front of the truck is. I know there is someone here who did the eibach kit and he told me his rear is a little higher than front. 34 1/4 front and 35 rear is what he said in a previous thread.
Old January 26th, 2007, 5:50 PM
CF Addict

Hmmm, You are talking about Gapp I think. He must be measuring different. Like I said from the center of the wheels to the fender stock is 2 inches higher in rear.

So If I put on the Eibach 2/2 kit will the rear still be 2 inches higher?
Old January 26th, 2007, 5:56 PM
CF Active Member

Keep in mind that the truck is not going to lower exactly as advertised.
Old January 26th, 2007, 6:00 PM
CF Addict

So are you happy with the kit you went with? Do you thinkt he Eibach would have been the better choice? What shall I do?
Old January 26th, 2007, 6:07 PM
CF Active Member

Hard to say. I went with this kit because of the spindle. Eibach brings springs for both front and back. Overall I'm pretty happy with the kit.
Old January 26th, 2007, 8:01 PM
CF Active Member

Well, took the truck for a drive and have made up my mind to leave it alone. I parked in different places and its pretty even. My driveway plays tricks on me. I had the same problem when I lowered my cobra. I think that everything inside was designed to be level with the back of the truck sitting higher. Thats why we now have the sensation of the rear being lower when we drive it but its actually even.
Old January 26th, 2007, 9:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a mom and pop auto part store here that has little round rubber pads. But they dont have any way of staying in place. I guess they would not go anywhere with the wieght of the truck on them.

ORIGINAL: P_RsTahoe

Where are you finding the universal ones? Im torn. I parked the truck in my carport which is pretty even and the truck is pretty much level. But if i park anywhere, where the ground is not level the suspension adjusts itself and makes it uneven. I also had a buddy of mine drive the truck and during acceleration the torque made the rear come down some.
What I did do was add some goodyear rubber between the coil and the stock isolator and it seem to raise it about 1/4. I'll let you know if my rear falls off
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah, what I did was tape them with electrical tape just so they would stay on during install. The weight of the truck keeps them in place.