Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Dually suburban for sale (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/dually-suburban-sale-92529/)

Countrylatin October 8th, 2018 9:26 PM

Dually suburban for sale

Silverfox103 October 9th, 2018 11:39 AM

Not exactly my cup of tea. Looks unfinished and kind of ratty. Those dually fenders continuing into the rear door look awful. I know there are better options than that. I think the seller is quite optimistic with the asking price.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

Countrylatin October 9th, 2018 5:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox103 (Post 364018)
Not exactly my cup of tea. Looks unfinished and kind of ratty. Those dually fenders continuing into the rear door look awful. I know there are better options than that. I think the seller is quite optimistic with the asking price.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

Thanks bud!

Silverfox103 October 9th, 2018 7:52 PM

You posted a link from ebay, no mention that it belonged to you or any other member, just a link.

Countrylatin October 9th, 2018 8:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox103 (Post 364035)
You posted a link from ebay, no mention that it belonged to you or any other member, just a link.

Did I really? Awww.

chevylover32 October 9th, 2018 9:49 PM

Sweet truck

Originally Posted by Countrylatin (Post 363979)

THAT TRUCK IS BADASS!!! It’s sad how people come on here to hate 😂 must be ford drivers.

Countrylatin October 9th, 2018 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by chevylover32 (Post 364039)

THAT TRUCK IS BADASS!!! It’s sad how people come on here to hate 😂 must be ford drivers.

to be fair, they probably own a Chevy. A cute little 2.2 s10...

intheburbs October 10th, 2018 6:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
While an 8.1 dually Suburban is pretty badass, I question the actual benefit. I guess I'm more of a function over form guy, and I don't see how you get any additional capability out of such a modification. Still have an 8600 GVWR, but with a lower payload now because of all the added weight. The rear axle can certainly carry more weight now, since the limiting factor in stock 2500 Burbs is the tires, but no other upgrade means you're still stuck with 8600 GVWR brakes.

The 8.1 Suburbans are certainly unicorns, but I seriously question the value of $19k. Maybe, if the truck had 100k miles, it might be worth that. But that value with 190k miles on it? It's not a diesel.

You've got unpainted fenders, a whole bunch of spaghetti wiring hanging down from the rear, and anyone over 20 has no interest in train horns. If you want top dollar for it, get the fenders painted, remove all the stickers and tidy things up. Right now, it looks like someone's incomplete project. And you said it yourself - the T-case needs to be rebuilt.

If I was in the market, I might offer $8k or $9k. And no, I don't drive a cute little 2.2 S10.

ETA: This is my cute little truck, and I know it's not even worth $19k:
Attachment 18402

Countrylatin October 10th, 2018 9:12 AM

Originally Posted by intheburbs (Post 364044)
While an 8.1 dually Suburban is pretty badass, I question the actual benefit. I guess I'm more of a function over form guy, and I don't see how you get any additional capability out of such a modification. Still have an 8600 GVWR, but with a lower payload now because of all the added weight. The rear axle can certainly carry more weight now, since the limiting factor in stock 2500 Burbs is the tires, but no other upgrade means you're still stuck with 8600 GVWR brakes.

The 8.1 Suburbans are certainly unicorns, but I seriously question the value of $19k. Maybe, if the truck had 100k miles, it might be worth that. But that value with 190k miles on it? It's not a diesel.

You've got unpainted fenders, a whole bunch of spaghetti wiring hanging down from the rear, and anyone over 20 has no interest in train horns. If you want top dollar for it, get the fenders painted, remove all the stickers and tidy things up. Right now, it looks like someone's incomplete project. And you said it yourself - the T-case needs to be rebuilt.

If I was in the market, I might offer $8k or $9k. And no, I don't drive a cute little 2.2 S10.

https://i.imgur.com/M8y6tbE.jpg

nice truck. I’d take 9 for it.

chevylover32 October 10th, 2018 9:45 AM

Originally Posted by intheburbs (Post 364044)

https://i.imgur.com/M8y6tbE.jpg

that is a nice truck, to regular for me though , I like to stand out and be unique! I personally wouldn’t look twice at your truck driving Down the road but the one honking at me with a train horn hell yeah im looking!!! Who doesn’t love train horns besides my 80 year old grandma