Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Easy exit seating

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2006, 6:39 PM
davemec

Default Easy exit seating

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the seat position for easy exit seating? Currently the seat moves about halfway back when the key is removed from the ignition, I am trying to set it to move all the way back. Thought maybe holding in the easy exit button on the door when the seat is fully back would set it, but it never beeped.
Old September 12th, 2006, 9:14 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Default RE: Easy exit seating

The manual goes into painful detail on how to do this. If I was sure I remembered correctly would say here but don't.
Old September 12th, 2006, 9:50 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Easy Exit Seat
The control for this feature is located on the driver’s door panel between buttons 1 and 2.

With the vehicle in PARK (P), the driver's seat exit position can be recalled by pressing the exit button. You will hear a single beep, and the driver’s seat will move back.

If the easy exit seat feature is programmed in the Driver Information Center (DIC), automatic seat movement will occur when the key is removed from the ignition. See "EASY EXIT SEAT" under DIC Vehicle Customization for more information.

The memory seat and easy exit features can also be programmed using the DIC.

For programming information, see DIC Vehicle Customization (See Below)

EASY EXIT SEAT
If your vehicle has this feature, it allows you to select your preference for the automatic easy exit seat feature. See Memory Seat, Mirrors, and Pedals for more information.

Press the customization button until EASY EXIT SEAT appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to access the settings for this feature. Then press the customization button to scroll through the following settings:

OFF (default): No automatic seat exit recall will occur.

ON: The driver's seat will move back when the key is removed from the ignition. The automatic easy exit seat movement will only occur one time after the key is removed from the ignition. If the automatic movement has already occurred, and you put the key back in the ignition and remove it again, the seat will stay in the original exit position, unless a memory recall took place prior to removing the key again.

NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain.

Choose one of the available settings and press the set/reset button while it is displayed on the DIC to select it.

Old September 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM
davemec

Thanks for the responses.

I have all of the information you listed working correctly, what i was trying to determine was is there a way to set the position the seat goes to when in easy exit mode. Currently the system works for me and the seat returns to about midway back position, I wanted to try to set it to move all the way back when easy exit activates.
Old September 13th, 2006, 9:35 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I misunderstood your question.

Unlike the previous model years, the new 2007 Utilities move the seat rearward approximately 3 inches when the easy exit feature is activated. If the owner wishes to have the seat move back further the exit button can be pressed and the seat will move back an additional 3 inches after each press until the seat is all the way back.

Old September 14th, 2006, 11:38 AM
davemec

Thanks for the info.