Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Edge Evolution EEC2200 FYI (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/edge-evolution-eec2200-fyi-7707/)

e June 8th, 2007 1:22 PM

Edge Evolution EEC2200 FYI

Got my hands on one finally. Have it set at economy at the present until we can run some 91+ thru it. For the tahoe and surb users, they ship the unit with the pod to mount it into a truck style dash. If you need the pod for the tahoe you will need to call Edge to get it. Guess what? They dont have them in stock yet.....ughhhh. they are on order though thru EDGE. Will let ya know on performance on the 91+

ZX1100F1 June 8th, 2007 4:25 PM

RE: Edge Evolution EEC2200 FYI

Lots of features, should work well.
Give us a full report when you can.

jazejeff June 9th, 2007 12:14 PM

ok so im out of town but im still working i just called my edge guy and it's in stock and i orderd mine will have it on monday .so 2 things i new this was comming out but i wanted the superchips still so i got it so now im going to have 2 chips so definatly im selling my superchips for 390 shipped
2nd the edge gains are awesome and i cant wait to install plus having the moniter just a few inches away and seeing first hand what the suv is doing is a great thing.
just an update too i drove to san francisco yesterday with a full tank and took my 24 off and put my factory 20 on and i got 423 miles out of my tank and that is with the chip reprogramed to fit the 20's ,my wife was nervous the whole time thinking we where going to run out of gas but we made it(wilth some gas still left over)and i just filled up this morning and actually took the chip out (reprogramed to stock)so im curios if i will make it home with a full tank!

e June 9th, 2007 1:37 PM

So we decided to keep it economy mode for the first tank. This is designed strictly to improve tramnsmission shifting and fuel economy.
Filled up cleared all DIC's :
2667 miles on truck
Stock No Performance Mods
Average Fuel 13.1 without programmer. This has been there since I've bought the truck.
Of course no real power gains in this setting. I do notice a firmer shift when floored.

1/4 mile time : 16.67 seconds(i cleared display b4 i wrote down mph) .68 reaction time.
0-60 8.6 seconds

These are the best out of three runs.......
After the tank i'll post average fuel. If any one has questions I can answer but please if asking about a performance question in another setting I will not be able to answer them until we get to that mode.

jophilpott June 11th, 2007 4:08 PM

I have been waiting for something like this ever since I bought the Tahoe. Had considered the Superchips for some time, but now think this is the route I will go. One question, will you be able to easily switch back to stock settings just in case I did have to take the SUV in for service?

e June 11th, 2007 9:50 PM

of course, its always faster to put the vehicle back to stock than it is to program it. So far so good, no drivability problems or check engine lights.

bkmcdonalds June 13th, 2007 8:49 AM

Hey Edge owners,

Just wanted to here you say that it was worth the money. I instsalled a K&N cold air intake and I liked the difference that made. How much better fuel economy does your Tahoe get now. Also the Edge dealer that I deal with said you can make the changes in performance while driving. Before this I was looking at Superchips. I just think that I like to be able to change from extream to economy once I set the land spped record to the highway.

Thanks a lot

e June 13th, 2007 5:57 PM

Sorry, but these are not adjustable on the fly. You will have to reprogram the unit each and every time. so far we have only ran about a half of a tank through it so it probably hasn't quite set the average correctly yet, so i will post on this shortly.

jophilpott June 13th, 2007 6:28 PM

How much and who'd you buy it from?

e June 13th, 2007 6:46 PM

we're an authorized Edge MVP Dealer. The little gadget goes for $449.10. We have them and only certain dealers can get them at this time. They will be available almost everywhere on July 15th.