Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Four wheel drive not engaged

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2016, 12:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Four wheel drive not engaged

I recently had the 4wd actuator replaced on my 2008 Suburban. At the worst possible time the system is not engaged/engaging. When the actuators are replaced, is it a standard process to have some reprogramming done for them to work properly? There are no codes that come up and nothing is lit up on my dashboard to indicate that the 4wd is not working. When it was replaced, the first time I started up the engine there was a quick notification in the dash that Stabilitrack is not working and it disappeared almost immediately. If some programming is required, I would appreciate how to go about doing it or finding out if I should take it to the dealership to have it done. I have dumped a lot of cash into this Texas Cadillac in the past year including a remanufactured engine. Running great but would be even better if the 4wd worked to since the snow has arrived

Thanks for your time
Dennis