Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Front emblem on 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front emblem on 2007 Tahoe

Has anyone replaced the front gold emblem on an '07 Tahoe with an after market emblem? I ordered one off of ebay but have not received it yet. Is it as easy as removing the two bolts from under the hood or is the gold bowtie actually glued on as well? I removed the gold emblem off the chrome base emblem on the back of the Tahoe. It was only held on with double sided tape. It looks much better now.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:30 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Front emblem on 2007 Tahoe

I have the same questions. Anyone have an aftermarket chrome/polished bowtie on the front of their 07 tahoe? Pictures, price, where you got it, and installation information would be great.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:46 AM
CF Junior Member

I just did this last Friday. It looks great and is easy. I ordered the chrome bowties from autoaccessories4u on ebay. The back one comes off with fishing line and a little elbow grease. Once off, spray WD40 on the remaining tape to get it off. There are 2 small holes where the emblem was. Clean the area and apply the new one. It has double stick tape on it...

The front is easy as well. You'll need a ratchet with a 10mm socket (guessing, but think it was 10mm) to remove the two nuts...again, very easy. The new chrome bowtie has two posts that fit right into the holes on the grill. Tighten and you're done... NOTE: You can't do this with pliers or a crescent wrench...use a driver/socket.

I don't have any pics, but do a search on this site and you'll find some. Again, this is a must-have upgrade. My wife even noticed the difference.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 2:57 PM
CF Active Member

I bought the "chrome" one off Ebay. I had the polished aluminum one on my '01 Tahoe. It looked good for a while but had to keep polishing it. Went with the chrome as it matches the chrome outline on the grill bar.
Very easy to install. Loosened the two nuts on the back of the emblem, removed it. Had to clean where the emblem was removed because it left a little tape residue. A little goo gone. Mounted the new chrome one, tightened and BAM....What a look on black.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 2:59 PM
davemec

I got one from stylinconcepts. It was very easy to install and looks good.

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.a...y_word=812044c
Old October 3rd, 2006, 3:59 PM
CF Addict

Friscokid,

I just ordered a polished billet grille off ebay. How does the polish of the emblem match the polish of a billet grille. I dont want one to look extremely dull in comparison to the other. Thanks.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 4:30 PM
CF Addict

I notice there are two different style emblems on ebay. One says it has an outline, the other says with no outline.

My rear emblem is the factory emblem with the golf cover popped off so it is the polished one. I would like them to look similar but I am unsure which one I want. Anyone have an opinion? Thanks, landon.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 7:32 PM
CF Junior Member

I don't know how the finish would look on an after market billet grill. However, the bowties I put on my Tahoe are very shiny and clean... It goes very well with my stock grill, and even appears to match the TAHOE LTZ letters quite well. I'm very pleased with the difference this $29.00 investment made!

Old October 21st, 2006, 9:57 PM
CF Addict

SJenk,

Give me the link to the emblem you bought. I got one that is polished and I want to get the chrome one. Thanks, Landon.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:02 PM
CF Veteran

Does your front bowtie just fill the void left when you removed the
OEM or does it overlap the backing like the OEM does, if you follow what I mean. Alot appear too small and only fill in the smaller hole left behind.

Quick Reply: Front emblem on 2007 Tahoe