Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Hard hot start (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/hard-hot-start-22936/)

73shark May 16th, 2009 1:20 PM

Also if the filter was that clogged, then maybe the tank has a bunch of crap in it and clogged the new filter.

cherbini May 16th, 2009 5:53 PM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 97000)
Also if the filter was that clogged, then maybe the tank has a bunch of crap in it and clogged the new filter.

I was thinking that too. I just replaced all the plugs with the AC-Delco Iridium at .060

Naturally, on one of the plugs, the inner connector stayed on the plug when the boot came off. Need to go get a new set of wires. I'm a bonehead for not buying them when I spent $60 on plugs. Back to the store.

On the passenger side, the two plugs closest to the firewall were a tad bit rusty. All of the plugs looked pretty played out. Gouged out electrodes, and noticeable build-up on the ground. They seem a little darker than I would like them as well. AC-Delco 41-952. Not sure what is stock, but I just crossed 100k. Got the truck with 60k, and I've never done the plugs.

We'll see how it goes with the new wires!

cherbini May 17th, 2009 5:09 PM

Well, new plugs and wires, and it's still not wanting to start when hot.

If I fire it up right after shutting it off, it's fine.

It's once it's sat for 10-15 mins or more that it doesn't want to start.

Once it finally catches, it really stumbles around before it hits a good idle. Once it does, everything is fine.

I'm thinking I'll do *another* fuel filter, just because it's easy.

If the CPS or ECM were out of whack, would they show a code? I haven't even checked the prices on them yet.

I'm still not getting any CEL.

Any other suggestions? Is the starter / solenoid a possible culprit?

Thanks!

John C.

cherbini May 18th, 2009 8:00 PM

So today, I pulled the vacuum hose off of the fuel pressure regulator *right after* I shut the motor down. A definite dribble of gas came out of there.

Is that it? Definitely seems like gas should never enter the vacuum system.

Thanks!

JC

Mike Sigmond May 18th, 2009 8:04 PM

Yea, sounds like gas is getting sucked into the intake manifold because of the bad/leaky regulator. Your sure is was a vacuum line right? Anyone else want to confirm this for me?

MDTAHOE May 18th, 2009 9:14 PM

There should be absolutely no gas in the vac line replace the regulator.

cherbini May 19th, 2009 12:26 PM

That fixed it. No more gas in the vacuum line. (it's got a pretty strong pull!)

Thanks for the assistance all!

Mike Sigmond May 19th, 2009 12:52 PM

Cool! glad you got er fixed.

suzuki-guy May 19th, 2009 5:10 PM

Glad you fixed it!

cherbini May 19th, 2009 5:38 PM

thanks....definitely glad we figured it out. I've got a 5 hour trip over to San Diego on Friday, and have to cross Yuma and the dunes. It's hot out here right now, want to make sure she's on best behavior.

plugs and wires was a good bonus out of this too...

trans fluid and filter tomorrow.

Thanks!

JC