Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HID Kits for 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2006, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Kits for 2007 Tahoe

I am looking into going HID and need some input. Does anyone have a reccomendation on where to purchase the conversion kit? I have read that the bulb is H11 but I am also curious as to replacing the fog bulbs.

I was looking online at fake xenon fogs to help match the HIDs just not as expensive. Anyone know what bulb size the fogs are?

Also I am torn between the 4300K and the 6000K. I understand the 6000K is a little bluer but Im not sure if thats the way I want to go. Anyone have pics of a comparision of the two?

Collins

P.S. Still hoping someone will post pics of the install process to make mine go smoothly.
Old August 5th, 2006, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: HID Kits for 2007 Tahoe

not a Tahoe, but here is a comparison of a Philips Ultinon 6000k bulb vs. Philips 4300k OEM bulb on my Range Rover Sport...

Trust me and go for the 6000k's. You won't regret it. Its very white with a hint of purple... no blue. The cheaper kits out there and 8000ks turn out blue which look a bit too cheap.

For my buddies Tahoe, we ordered the xenon kit from xenondepot.com. Its a little more expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Old August 8th, 2006, 2:19 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: HID Kits for 2007 Tahoe

What's the hot set-up for replacement bulbs only without going to the expense of ballast/wiring kits, etc.?

I've used SilverStar in the past and they seemed better than OEM. Is there something out there that are better in a bulb-only upgrade? I've heard that higher power lamps can cause wiring problems and heat issues, is this true? What's a good source? (I'm just full of questions, aren't I?)

You guys sound like you've done your homework on this stuff. I would appreciate any help.....

Thanks!