Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How to fit 26's on Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2020, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fit 26's on Tahoe

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with the power running boards. When I first got it I was so eager to put rims on I bought these 24's that came mounted and balanced. I didn't check to see how well they fit and the first time I went for a spin I was making a sharp turn and the front driver's side wheel caught the very bottom of the front left side of my bumper and started to pull it off and really damaged that side of my truck. The place that repaired it made a little more room in the wheel well by using the heat gun technique and they also trimmed a little bit of the running boards. I thought those running boards were so cool when I first bought the truck, now I hate them. Anyway, the wheels never gave me a problem after that but I see these trucks online everywhere with 26's and 28's and I'm wondering how the heck you get them to fit? Just 24's messed my truck up. I'd really like to put some 26's on but need to know if they'll fit before buying them or how to get them to fit. I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and thank you in advance for the help.