Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   how to install aftermarkit remote start with push button start (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/how-install-aftermarkit-remote-start-push-button-start-54303/)

anwar4631 November 6th, 2012 8:20 AM

how to install aftermarkit remote start with push button start

hello everyone
i have purchased new remote start with passive key entrey with push button start also.
and i want to install it ot my cart chevy tahoe 2011
i need the wiring digram for the needed wires to connect with the new remote start and i need to find the location of the oem remote start for my car
i found some wires on my car like ignition and acc but i didn't found the starter wire

this is video link that explain remote start like what i purchased

anwar4631 November 6th, 2012 4:58 PM

89 view no comment

anwar4631 November 6th, 2012 5:33 PM

please i need answer
where can i find the starter wire
i install the new remote starter by myself
please i need help
thanks.

73shark November 6th, 2012 7:43 PM

The 89 views are a result of you not putting a "question mark" at the end of your thread title. Everyone looks at it cuz they perceive it to be a DIY thread.

As to the starter wire, since the computer handles the start function once you twist and release the key, I'm not sure where you'd find it.

Might check Youtube for a DIY video.

MDTAHOE November 6th, 2012 7:58 PM

You can not install it. You must buy a module/ interface. DEI is the only one that makes it as far as I know. The module must be programmed by an authorized DEI dealer as it is used for several different cars. Everything you need to tie into runs through the body control module or the pcm data lines which includes the starter. I have a 2007 Tahoe that had factory remote start. I also am friends with an installer from trick trucks, he came to my shop and did my aftermarket remote start/ alarm. There are diodes that need to be installed and so forth. If it is not done properly or you go in and start putting test light on wires you run a high risk of damaging the BCM or PCM which will be a very very expensive repair at the dealer only. If you had a old body style truck the install would be easy.

anwar4631 November 7th, 2012 2:09 AM

thanks alot

anthony Bell March 3rd, 2021 6:44 PM

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE (Post 231853)
You can not install it. You must buy a module/ interface. DEI is the only one that makes it as far as I know. The module must be programmed by an authorized DEI dealer as it is used for several different cars. Everything you need to tie into runs through the body control module or the pcm data lines which includes the starter. I have a 2007 Tahoe that had factory remote start. I also am friends with an installer from trick trucks, he came to my shop and did my aftermarket remote start/ alarm. There are diodes that need to be installed and so forth. If it is not done properly or you go in and start putting test light on wires you run a high risk of damaging the BCM or PCM which will be a very very expensive repair at the dealer only. If you had a old body style truck the install would be easy.

Well I have A 2001 chevy tahoe lt and can't find a diagram so I can match up the the 6 wires to install this keyless Entry & push start system plz HELP

Gumby22 March 4th, 2021 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by anthony Bell (Post 461379)
Well I have A 2001 chevy tahoe lt and can't find a diagram so I can match up the the 6 wires to install this keyless Entry & push start system plz HELP

There’s no way to know which wires you’re asking for unless you provide info on the remote start you have. Even the 2001 models have security systems that need to be bypassed or integrated to install a remote start.

I don’t have a lot of experience with aftermarket remote start systems, but the ones I have seen at least had a wiring diagram for their system and at least some kind of resource such as a website or printed diagrams included.

repairman54 March 5th, 2021 7:58 AM

The pushbutton hack is not worth the aggravation of putting it in or down the road when it screws up just for some coolness.
Spend the money on changing trans fluid or some other maintenance.

lafnian1990 May 18th, 2021 4:42 AM

Climate control is an important device for hot and cold countries. I live in the northern part of Europe and winter conditions are different. Seasonal change of fluids is a mandatory step in my case, and the upgrade of the autonomous heating must be timely.