Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Indoor light problem

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2015, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor light problem

Hey all, new poster here. I recently bought a 2001 Chevy Suburban. At the time I bought it everything worked as it should. I now have an issue that I would like to see if I can get help with.

When I open the door the courtesy (dome lights) do not come on. There are lights on the outside mirrors that do come on but no lights come on in the interior. I have a bypass button by the headlight switch that I pushed and it worked the first couple of time but now it does not work either. I have also noticed that the ABS light and traction control light stay on sometimes and other times they light up but then go off. Everything else on the truck seems to work fine. I have checked both interior light fuses in the cab and also the CTBY fuse under the hood and nothing is blown. I don't know if this is a known problem that I can fix or if there is a short in the wiring. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randall
Old May 12th, 2015, 5:53 AM
CF Active Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Check the 'Courtesy Light Relay'.