Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Just bought a Tahoe!

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2008, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a Tahoe!

Well I bought it last week and having such a blast since then. I was in the market for a new 09 and possibly a 08 with all those incentives, but pulled the trigger on a used 08. I've been reading these forums and got great insight and figured that with the economy today and the depreciation on a new one I got a used 07 LT3 (everything minus nav). There's little issues here and there but I opted to get the extended 3 year/100,000 bumper to bumper warranty making me a happy camper. As for adding accessories, I'm going to keep it stock til I can find a good deal on some TIS 07 20's or 22's http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=1982

btw car's black with tan leather interior 2nd row captains.. sorry no pics yet

Old November 12th, 2008, 8:58 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Just bought a Tahoe!

can I ask how much the extended warrenty was? so that means you have a 6 year bumper to bumper, 100,000 mile on it?
the powertrain was 5 year 100,000 off the bat, right?
minus the nav? you gotta get the sat nav! lol

was it a GM warrenty or other? u got it new? just askin! thanks
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Haha I envy you on the interior, I would love captain's chairs but eh, I go directly from my high school [I'm 16] to the elementary building to pick up my nephew and he likes his car-seat to be in the middle of the 2nd row. The black is so hard to keep clean! Especially with my little brother and nephew playing in it. That's why mom won't let me take her car.

But like SabrToothSqrl said, you need to get the nav! Well, only if you want, but it's a great thing to have! I'm still learning things about mine and I've had it since I got the car for my birthday in April. Of course I don't really like reading manuals so that's probably why.

And is it an 07 or 08? You put both in the post. Is it 4x4? Nothing more fun for me to do in free time than go off-roading in mine, though it's not a Z71 so I'm a little careful.

But posts pics sometime, always great to see some [especially after customizations].
Old November 13th, 2008, 1:43 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I didnt get the navi in my 07 but thougt I wanted it. I ended up getting a Garmin and like it much better then a built inbecasue its portable(duh!) You can move it truck to car to carrying it for walking use. It cost hundreds not thousdands, I can send it in for servicing if ever needed and don't have to leave the whole truck with it.
All my favorites can be backed up to my PC
And if my Garmin stops working it doesnt take out my entire entertainment center.
Old November 14th, 2008, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

The plan is from Easy Care paid $2650 for 36 months 100,000 bumper to bumper that has a $100 deductible. This car is used so after the initial certified 12 moth 12,000miles is over then this plan is in effect so I'm told. Its pretty neat though it covers interior (ie leather, fabric) of any defects and spills that stains anything. Powertrain is 5 year 100,000. As for Nav I'm still debating over Garmin portables or indash.. =/
Old November 14th, 2008, 4:27 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I jsut saw that Costco has the Garmin 750 for 199.00 and it speaks the street names
Old November 16th, 2008, 3:36 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a portable GPS for my Jeep (trails) a 4" color for my current Tahoe, but I tell ya, nothing beats one built in, its just so nice... its not cheap, but it is nice... also some auto insurance policies will not cover items stolen from your car (GPS / CDs, laptop) BUT if its part of the car; ie factory GPS it would be covered.... some policies do, you have to ask...

the portable ones are nice because you can enter a destination on the fly, while you have to stop for the other ones... (so stupid) its MY car and MY GPS if I want to rear end someone while driving and entering a destination thats MY choice... stupid government...
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:08 PM
CF Active Member

Houston... You don't have a problem.. In dash stuff is really getting affordable. Ihave the portable Garmin Nuvi 660 that like another poster just said can be carried from vehicle to vehicle and the Nuvi setup can actually be found inside the Kenwood 7120 and 8120 in dash DVD units. Prices on the 7120 are really unbeatable if you think you can install it yourself... I have kids so if you do look into the factory looking floor mats that have the raised edges that catch the kids sodas...

Guvner..
Old November 17th, 2008, 8:20 PM
CF Beginner

Is there any in-dash nav units that can pop out of the radio? So its like best of both worlds?