Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   led 3rd brake light NEW!!!!!!! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/led-3rd-brake-light-new-9335/)

GIXXER August 30th, 2007 9:35 PM

RE: led 3rd brake light NEW!!!!!!!

e, would you be able to provide the wiring schematic to accomplish this? I bought the kit and had it sent to my parents address as I spend a lot of time on the road. I'm going there this weekend to pick them up and would like very much to make it so everything is through the LED's.

I thought these were like the Escalade with double banks all the way down...hmmph. Either way, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated!

e August 30th, 2007 9:51 PM

What do you exactly mean by everything through leds?
There are two rows in each light per side.
They're all leds. the only bulb is the factory reverse
When you turn on your park lamps both rows light up top to bottom.
When you brake the inner row lights up
When you turn the outer row lights up
I could have the brake and turn backward because I changed my when in two minutes after we put ours on. But in general if your turning left and stopped you will have one row solid for brake and the other rowfor the left turn.

You can easily convert this to with a 3wire to 2 wire trailer connecter just like you would with the esky conversion. The color are a little different but the same concept. You will need two load resistor for the turn signals as well. When you turn it will blink normal until you hit the brakes and then it will flash as if your light was out if you dont use the resistors. pm me if you need help.

GIXXER August 30th, 2007 11:51 PM

I guess without seeing the tails yet I might be misunderstanding...based on the pics Jeff put up I was thinking the amber lights were the turn signals.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9428/E729541FD4D14964A0E1E3874B8A06FF.jpg[/IMG]

e August 31st, 2007 6:11 AM

no. those are reflectors under the lens. They do not light up.You can see them but they do nothighlight that bad under normal lighting.The camera flash amplifiesthem.

GIXXER August 31st, 2007 9:21 AM

awh...that makes sense. The flash made them so bright I thought they were amber colored turn signals. Sorry for all the excitement!

jazejeff August 31st, 2007 1:22 PM

sorry guys still trying to get use to my new camera ...(rebal xti)
the very bottom light is my led 3157 reverse light the oval is just a reflector

axisbogner August 31st, 2007 2:44 PM

Jeff, do you have any photos of the back in the daylight? Curious what the smoked tails looks like.

jazejeff August 31st, 2007 6:25 PM

i will try to take some today and post them

GIXXER October 23rd, 2007 10:35 PM

pm sent

I love the lights, but also not a fan of the single bar turn signal. And you are right, it is the outside row that is for the signal flash. Very interested in rewiring to two bars of turn signal

ORIGINAL: e

What do you exactly mean by everything through leds?
There are two rows in each light per side.
They're all leds. the only bulb is the factory reverse
When you turn on your park lamps both rows light up top to bottom.
When you brake the inner row lights up
When you turn the outer row lights up
I could have the brake and turn backward because I changed my when in two minutes after we put ours on. But in general if your turning left and stopped you will have one row solid for brake and the other rowfor the left turn.

You can easily convert this to with a 3wire to 2 wire trailer connecter just like you would with the esky conversion. The color are a little different but the same concept. You will need two load resistor for the turn signals as well. When you turn it will blink normal until you hit the brakes and then it will flash as if your light was out if you dont use the resistors. pm me if you need help.