Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   In market for new Tahoe; need advice! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/market-new-tahoe%3B-need-advice-27846/)

rod1 November 9th, 2009 10:10 AM

In market for new Tahoe; need advice!

Hello all. I'm in the market for a 2009 LT1. The one I'm looking at has an MSRP of $43,420 and includes a $1800 package with 20" wheels, chrome, etc. It also has a $1060 package with remote start, towing, etc. Lastly the $295 6-disc changer.

What's the best deal I can expect? I don't want to use any rebates b/c I plan to use the 0% for 72 months offer. The invoice is $40,092, but I've read where some are getting them for $7-8K off MSRP and still getting the 0%.

Any help is appreciated!

SabrToothSqrl November 9th, 2009 12:04 PM

wel

I'm not being a jerk, but check out the fords and toyotas... my 09 Tahoe has been back to the dealer more times than I can count, i'm in the middle of a BBB battle, and just sick of it... my wife's $20,000 ford has had less issues than this thing...

I got supplier pricing on mine since I belong to a credit union... the price was not negotiable... $48,800 LTZ, loaded, loaded... even the brake controller. 6 disc? is that an option? I have the sat nav... don't buy a new car w/out it!

73shark November 14th, 2009 9:52 PM

What was the sticker MSRP? Just curious as to what the % off the supplier price is.

rod1 November 15th, 2009 4:56 PM

From all the the shopping I've done the supplier price is always a couple of hundred dollars over invoice. Considering every lot I've talked to is willing to sell them right at invoice or a little under, supplier pricing isn't doing us any favors.

SabrToothSqrl November 16th, 2009 8:43 AM

sticker

I have the sticker at home, I think it was $56,700

rod1 November 17th, 2009 7:27 AM

That's a pretty hefty savings if that was truly your sticker SabrTooth. To get $7900 off the sticker are you sure that's not also including some rebates?

Using the Tahoe I brought up in my first post as an example...

Sticker Price: $43,420
Supplier Price: $40,920
GM Employee Price: $39,165

So in this case the supplier price is only saving you $2500 off sticker and even the employee price is only saving you $4255, which is nowhere near the $7900 you saved. I want your deal!!!

jeffbco November 17th, 2009 7:45 AM

Originally Posted by rod1 (Post 120880)
That's a pretty hefty savings if that was truly your sticker SabrTooth. To get $7900 off the sticker are you sure that's not also including some rebates?

Using the Tahoe I brought up in my first post as an example...

Sticker Price: $43,420
Supplier Price: $40,920
GM Employee Price: $39,165

So in this case the supplier price is only saving you $2500 off sticker and even the employee price is only saving you $4255, which is nowhere near the $7900 you saved. I want your deal!!!

Suppliers and employees get to use rebates too so $7,900 off sticker isn't unreasonable.

rod1 November 17th, 2009 12:33 PM

True but I think Shark is trying to get an idea of what the supplier price will save off the sticker price. Comparing Sabertooth's sticker to the price he paid doesn't really paint a clear picture. As I said though, supplier pricing is still above invoice price and probably 90% of all dealers will sell these at invoice without much haggling. So the supplier price is virtually useless.

SabrToothSqrl November 17th, 2009 1:55 PM

rebates

Yes, I was eligible for 'rebates' or savings.

I got: $2,000 off for paying 'cash' (financed through my bank).

and $1,000 off for GM loyalty... I owned a 1995 Tahoe. (might have been 1500, paper work is at home...)

In fact, had I not been offered such a deal, i was looking at a used 08, but with the huge discounts, the 6 speed, bluetooth, and the cooled seats, and the brake controler... i had to get the 09! the 6spd is where it's at!

I wish I had looked for a 6.2L, but they don't have the brake controller... WHY?!

Fast55 November 17th, 2009 3:27 PM

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl (Post 120260)
I'm not being a jerk, but check out the fords and toyotas... my 09 Tahoe has been back to the dealer more times than I can count, i'm in the middle of a BBB battle, and just sick of it... my wife's $20,000 ford has had less issues than this thing...

I got supplier pricing on mine since I belong to a credit union... the price was not negotiable... $48,800 LTZ, loaded, loaded... even the brake controller. 6 disc? is that an option? I have the sat nav... don't buy a new car w/out it!

Your nav still isn't fixed? Still have the door rattle?