Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   My fellow Chevy Riders… (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/my-fellow-chevy-riders%85-108044/)

Tahoe_Luvr January 2nd, 2022 9:07 AM

My fellow Chevy Riders…

Ladies, Gentlemen, fellow Chevy riders…

I need some assistance, does anyone know where I can purchase a new or used (not tore up badly) electric powered, leather driver seat for my
95 Tahoe??!
I have been to a salvage yard in my area…nothing
I’ve tried auto zone and advanced auto…nothing
I’ve tried Amazon…all I keep getting is seat covers or the bottom portion. I need the whole seat assembly

Cusser January 2nd, 2022 9:32 AM

Get the existing seat re-upholstered locally to match, or match closely.

Tahoe_Luvr January 2nd, 2022 9:41 AM

Thank you Cusser but it’s more to it than that. The seat it self is broken so when you get in it damn near falls all the way back. My big brother had it zip tied down when I bought it from him. But those only last but for so long.

repairman54 January 3rd, 2022 6:50 AM

At 27 years old it's gonna be tough to find a matching one in a JY. Might be better off replacing both front seats with ones from a newer truck.

Tahoe_Luvr January 3rd, 2022 7:08 AM

At 27 years old it's gonna be tough to find a matching one in a JY. Might be better off replacing both front seats with ones from a newer truck.

Ahh ok, wait…ohh **** that’s possible to do?!! Because if so the last one that I looked at in the salvage yard was from a newer model with the seat belt attached to the seat on the top left and it was good condition

tech2 January 3rd, 2022 9:02 AM

nice thing about pickn pull....you can pull the seats out there and do a test fit in the yard.
power seats can be a pita to pull with battery power to move the seats. I have a 18volt battery powered impact. I remove the battery pack and connect it to the vehicle with jumper wires.

Cusser January 3rd, 2022 9:12 AM

Originally Posted by tech2 (Post 474441)
power seats can be a pita to pull with battery power to move the seats.

I gave up just trying to disconnect the driver side seat belt buckle electrical harness of our 2011 Yukon a few weeks ago; working blind and in cramped space between the seat and console. I figure removing the seat, or splicing wires on a new buckle would be easier....
...but we now have a workaround to latch it properly.

So good luck !! And if any other seats do not fit perfectly, I'm afraid you'll need to do any install modifications yourself, as most shops won't do that: legal liability !!!

Tahoe_Luvr January 3rd, 2022 9:27 AM

Good to know and thank you much

oldchevy January 3rd, 2022 9:47 AM

If you can't find one, it is possible to take off the leather till you get to the metal frame and repair that frame and then recover it. I had one many years ago that wasn't as bad as your and I was able to weld a small bracket into to it to repair mine.