Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Navigation

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2007, 4:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation

First...How do I get rid of the blue dots that show my route?

Second, When on the highway it shows the exits which I like. The only thing I hate is that the arrow that shows my next turn and the distance to it disappear. Can I view this on the highway?

Third...How do I get rid of the giant compass that covers half the map screen when I'm just driving around?
Old February 23rd, 2007, 6:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Navigation

doo600 - Having the same problems in mine. Annoying as heck. Do you have the dvd override module installed? I have gen 1 and am thinking that is causing the problem.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 6:43 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The blue dots are caused by having the off-road setting turned on. Turn it off and the bread-crumbs disappear.

Can't help you with the 2nd thing.

As for the annoying compass... I had the same problem and pushed each and every button then all of a sudden, it just disappeared on its own. Haven't seen it since.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 7:56 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: TexasTahoe

doo600 - Having the same problems in mine. Annoying as heck. Do you have the dvd override module installed? I have gen 1 and am thinking that is causing the problem.
No, factory stuff only. Of course after the 6 hour trip to Minnesota I got real annoyed by having everything greyed out. I think one might be in my future
Old February 23rd, 2007, 8:01 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: jlenkows

The blue dots are caused by having the off-road setting turned on. Turn it off and the bread-crumbs disappear.

Can't help you with the 2nd thing.

As for the annoying compass... I had the same problem and pushed each and every button then all of a sudden, it just disappeared on its own. Haven't seen it since.
Thanks!

What do you guys have your brightness set on. I had it set on day with the brightness down so I didn't get blinded at night but it's hard to see in the day. Night does nothing other than turn the map black and auto is a ridiculous setting. You would think when it senses dark out it would switch to your night time settings but no....It's bright as hell. This is stupid!