Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   New guy here...looking for some thoughts on a purchase (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/new-guy-here-looking-some-thoughts-purchase-50004/)

CopperMtnGuy April 14th, 2012 5:34 PM

New guy here...looking for some thoughts on a purchase

Hi everyone...I'm not new to GM trucks at all (Had a C10...GMC Sonoma, Chevy Blazer, 2 GMC Jimmy's)...and considering buying a 2009 Suburban LT 4x4. It has 68k miles on it, black on tan leather, sunroof, DVD player and the 20" rims. New tires. It drove great, and is in really nice shape overall. It's $29k. Few questions though.

1. I noticed the front Bowtie was peeling...how hard/how much is it to replace?

2. It has no side moldings...I thought LT's had that?

Anyway, I'd also appreciate any other things to check out. No cracked dash (read that as being common).

Thanks! :)

LTL4life April 14th, 2012 6:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome, the Bowtie peeling is common issue because the emblem is really 3 pieces. Its the emblem, a piece of gold foil and then the Amber tinted plastic cover. Real easy for water/moisture to ruin it. I took my emblem off (held on with a couple of speed nuts) scraped off the foil , tossed the Amber cover in the trash and painted the Emblem gloss black. i couldnt justify the cost of an aftermarket emblem or the overpriced OEM Piece. I think mine looks fine. Not seeing the Burb in person, the price seems def. ballpark, mine is an 07 and no Dash cracks yet.

Attachment 12121

CopperMtnGuy April 14th, 2012 6:54 PM

Good to know. That looks nice...I might do what you did. I also like how you removed the air dam...

LTL4life April 14th, 2012 7:13 PM

Originally Posted by CopperMtnGuy (Post 212773)
Good to know. That looks nice...I might do what you did. I also like how you removed the air dam...

Thanks, at one time there was a snow plow mounted up front , thats why the Air Dam is gone.

blueinterceptor April 14th, 2012 9:41 PM

who makes your push bumper grille guard.

did you lose the tow hooks?

LTL4life April 15th, 2012 7:51 AM

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor (Post 212791)
who makes your push bumper grille guard.

did you lose the tow hooks?

Pushbar is by Go- Rhino , hooks are still there. Gotta look real close to see them but they are accessible if needed.

73shark April 15th, 2012 3:38 PM

You can also just paint the bowtie as it exists and bolt it back on.

jeffsw6 April 16th, 2012 4:31 AM

Originally Posted by CopperMtnGuy (Post 212767)
Hi everyone...I'm not new to GM trucks at all (Had a C10...GMC Sonoma, Chevy Blazer, 2 GMC Jimmy's)...and considering buying a 2009 Suburban LT 4x4. It has 68k miles on it, black on tan leather, sunroof, DVD player and the 20" rims. New tires. It drove great, and is in really nice shape overall. It's $29k.

I'd think about how many miles you are planning to put on it and how long you want to own it. For someone like me who drives 5k miles a year, starting at 68k is not too bad; but if you drive a lot you may want to look for one with fewer miles or a few years older and cheaper. I see 05s on the local Craigslist in the ~$15k range all the time without a ton of miles on them, and with more options.

CopperMtnGuy April 16th, 2012 6:26 AM

Alright, thanks for that info...something I'll definitely want to do if the deal works out. As for going older, I kind of prefer this era...and the vehicle I'd be trading in is an 07 LR3 with 69k. So at least it is newer...

What about the side trim on the doors...it doesn't have any... thoughts?

Thanks so far everyone!

LTL4life April 16th, 2012 5:14 PM

Originally Posted by CopperMtnGuy (Post 212910)
Alright, thanks for that info...something I'll definitely want to do if the deal works out. As for going older, I kind of prefer this era...and the vehicle I'd be trading in is an 07 LR3 with 69k. So at least it is newer...

What about the side trim on the doors...it doesn't have any... thoughts?

Thanks so far everyone!

Mine is an LT and has them, i dont know if its standard item but i will look at the window sticker later and see. They are nice especially when some lazy POS slams their door into yours in a parking lot. Mine have faded and neet to be repainted.