Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New (to Me) 2000 Tahoe LS

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2008, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (to Me) 2000 Tahoe LS

Well I am new to this forum and I have recently purchased a 2000 Tahoe. I purchased it a couple of days ago and already have a laundry list of questions...

I have noticed on here people with Autoride what is that cause I couldnt find anything in my manual about it?

I would like to lift it about 2", 3" max is there anything I should be aware of that will effect anything major?

What is the difference between a body lift and a suspension lift?

Is there a lift kit that will make the front end level with so it doesnt have that little slant to it?

With a 2-3" lift how big of tires/rims will I be able to fix on the hoe?[/align][/align]How can I tell if I have the Bose system or not, I have a speaker in the rear cargo area but so far I havent seen any Bose badges or anything like that?[/align][/align]Is there a right up on here somewhere (searches have turned up blank) as far as how to remove the door/trim panels to replace the stock speakers?

I think that is it for now, thanks for the help?[/align]

2000 Tahoe LS [/align]
[/align]
Old June 19th, 2008, 8:44 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Default RE: New (to Me) 2000 Tahoe LS

ORIGINAL: mattjames07

Well I am new to this forum and I have recently purchased a 2000 Tahoe. I purchased it a couple of days ago and already have a laundry list of questions...

I have noticed on here people with Autoride what is that cause I couldnt find anything in my manual about it? It self-levels the truck and also varies the shock rate according to the road

I would like to lift it about 2", 3" max is there anything I should be aware of that will effect anything major?

What is the difference between a body lift and a suspension lift? Most posts I've read say to stay away from a body lift.

Is there a lift kit that will make the front end level with so it doesnt have that little slant to it? Yes.

With a 2-3" lift how big of tires/rims will I be able to fix on the hoe?[/align][/align]How can I tell if I have the Bose system or not, I have a speaker in the rear cargo area but so far I havent seen any Bose badges or anything like that? Check the tweeters on the A pillars.[/align][/align]Is there a right up on here somewhere (searches have turned up blank) as far as how to remove the door/trim panels to replace the stock speakers? I've seen at least one write-up on it.

I think that is it for now, thanks for the help?[/align]

2000 Tahoe LS [/align]
[/align]