Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Which new yr model of the new ones is the best? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/new-yr-model-new-ones-best-51872/)

thisnthat July 16th, 2012 8:59 AM

Which new yr model of the new ones is the best?

lookin' to get a new to us tahoe (maybe yukon) and was wondering if there was a specific year that was better worse than the others -- looking at anything between 07-10..currently have an 04 with a ton of miles...

HOE-N-IT July 17th, 2012 8:13 AM

The 09 and up have the six speed transmission which has proven to be a more reliable transmission and better mileage. You may not of had any issues with your 4 speed but some did including me. Went out at 22k.

Chevrolet Customer Service July 17th, 2012 9:33 AM

Originally Posted by thisnthat (Post 221467)
lookin' to get a new to us tahoe (maybe yukon) and was wondering if there was a specific year that was better worse than the others -- looking at anything between 07-10..currently have an 04 with a ton of miles...

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Also consider getting a vehicle history report if possible. Knowing how well the vehicle was maintained and/or serviced by the previous owner(s) is beneficial.

I encourage you to test drive several different model years if possible, to see which you prefer.

Check out the Certified Pre-Owned website for available vehicle in your area.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

SabrToothSqrl July 17th, 2012 2:14 PM

old

the 2014 Tahoe is rumored to be new, so the GMT900 will be old looking soon :(

I suggest the 09+ as well.

bluetooth
cooled seats (LTZ)
6 speed
brake controller

all added in 09.

hence my 09 tahoe. as originally I was looking at an 08.

thisnthat July 17th, 2012 2:37 PM

yeah our tranny (knock knock) hasnt had a lick of problems -- 210k and still going... but ive read different stories about MPG differences between the 4spd and the 6spd... primarily looking at either an 08 or 09....I had heard about the 2014 as well -- but if I want to spend in the mid $30k now.. I'd go ahead and get a new one...plus dealer was acting like they were going to trim the engines in 'em...like the days of the big ole V8s are long gone when the new ones come out-- said that was why the used ones are selling so good

73shark July 17th, 2012 4:37 PM

The only way I see they could go to a smaller engine, say a V6, would be to make it a turbo diesel. My Sprinter RV has the MB 3.0L V6 turbo diesel and pulls strong and gets 19+ mpg at 60-65 mph. Did I say it weighs over four tons. Put that in a Tahoe and probably really get the advertised 21 mpg.