Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Strange electrical issues 95 K2500 Burb

Old January 10th, 2018, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange electrical issues 95 K2500 Burb

Last year I was driving and my PRND321 stopped working intermittently, then days later my tach and speedo would bounce around or fail completely and I would go into limp mode, all intermittently, then it all stopped for a couple months, I took it off road through some trails and had to drive through a huge puddle, after I parked it over night temps dropped to the teens and my battery died a few miles down the road. I replaced battery and noticed my first initial problems came back and now constantly stays in limp mode and cluster doesn't work. It also smokes so I disconnected it and took it out. I found out my tail tights quit working, no brake lights, turn signals or back up lights. Now I found out the alternator wasn't charging battery, so I bought a new alternator and still isn't working, so I exchanged it and same thing. I tested all wires and ground coming from battery and it's good, I did a power draw test and nothing. I'm just completely baffled on what the heck is going on. I replaced my abs sensors because I knew the driver side was ripped off, but drove it for years like that and never an issue. I replaced the ignition cylinder because I lost my keys. As much as I'd love to rebuild this thing and throw money at replacing everything I can't afford that now and would like to just get it to run normal again

Search this Thread