Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Not happy with 08 Tahoe and Chevy Dealer....

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2008, 3:05 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Not happy with 08 Tahoe and Chevy Dealer....

There are no TSB's regarding this.
Pretty rare for the A/C service port to leak and if the rigid line develops a crack/leak the A/C system will be inop asap, I would suspect that everything is OK and it may just be a spilled drop of oil or something equally benign but have it checked out and documented just the same.

Old April 25th, 2008, 5:52 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I agree it probably is residual oil, my question on the TSB's was reated in general as if I should inquire if there are any for my vehicle when I take it in for servicing the obvious answer is yes I was just thinking out loud. Thanks XZ
Old April 25th, 2008, 6:12 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

TSB's are intended to address specific issues that have begun to form a pattern, in most cases they apply to only a small percentage of the vehicles.

In cases where a TSB would apply to a large amount of vehicles or a certain build range GM will issue a Product Enhancement program and inform the dealers to complete the TSB the next time they see the vehicle, these TSB’s will be flagged on the computer like a recall campaign.
Most issues are not covered by a TSB and just require some good old fashioned fix-it.
You can’t just go in to a dealer and say: “Complete all the TSB’s” as the list is long and 99.9% wouldn’t even apply, but if you are having a specific problem that a TSB has been released on it may help the dealer complete the repair more easily.