Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Oem Nav radio clock problem (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/oem-nav-radio-clock-problem-15905/)

treyd45 May 14th, 2008 6:09 PM

Oem Nav radio clock problem

My navigations clock wont show up. I can hit the clock button then set and hit the plus and minus but no numbers show up on the screen. Can someone give me a suggestion? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

73shark May 14th, 2008 9:33 PM

RE: Oem Nav radio clock problem

Remove a MP3 CD from the player if there's one in there. That has worked for others.

BMoTahoe May 15th, 2008 7:22 AM

Enter your vehicle from the driver's side rear door, lean the seat back (if you have the captain's chairs in the 2nd row), take a sip of your Miller Lite, raise your right leg above the front center console (I have one in the 2nd row also) with your heel facing the nav/radio and with one quick thrust, push that thing through the engine compartment, have another sip of Miller Lite. [&:]JUST JOKING !!!:D 73shark is right, as usual. I had a cd in my player that a friend had made using MP3 format so that all of the track information would show up on the screen. Whenever that cd was in the tray, my clock wouldn't display. Don't know why it does that, but it does. If you have an MP3 type cd in the tray and removing it doesn't help the problem, take the truck to the dealer and use the right foot method on the service department's butts.

shawnvw May 15th, 2008 4:39 PM

There is a current bulletin out on these radio that pertain to a software update that the dealer needs to apply.

#08-08-44-002: Navigation Radio Clock and/or Clock Tab Do Not Appear or Disappears Intermittently (Update Navigation Radio with N ew Software) - (Feb 15, 2008)
[/align]
Subject:
Navigation Radio Clock and/or Clock Tab Do Not Appear or Disappears Intermittently (Update Navigation Radio with New Software)
[align=left]
Models:
2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe[/align][align=left]2007-2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL[/align][align=left]2008 HUMMER H2[/align][align=left]with Radio RPO UVB or U3U[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]
Condition
Some customers may comment that the clock and/or the clock tab does not appear on the navigation screen.
Cause
This condition may be caused by a software anomaly, which causes the clock and/or clock tab to disappear during the ignition key cycle.[/align][/align]

treyd45 May 15th, 2008 5:46 PM

Haha BM i dont know about kicking my Nav radio in haha. But I can tell you bud light's the way to go.
I just had the radio programmed yesterday.. so im just gonna have to take it back to the dealership i guess. Thanks for the replies

73shark May 15th, 2008 8:46 PM

ORIGINAL: BMoTahoe

Enter your vehicle from the driver's side rear door, lean the seat back (if you have the captain's chairs in the 2nd row), take a sip of your Miller Lite, raise your right leg above the front center console (I have one in the 2nd row also) with your heel facing the nav/radio and with one quick thrust, push that thing through the engine compartment, have another sip of Miller Lite. [&:]JUST JOKING !!!:D 73shark is right, as usual. I had a cd in my player that a friend had made using MP3 format so that all of the track information would show up on the screen. Whenever that cd was in the tray, my clock wouldn't display. Don't know why it does that, but it does. If you have an MP3 type cd in the tray and removing it doesn't help the problem, take the truck to the dealer and use the right foot method on the service department's butts.
Now that's just funny. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Definitely Millers. MGD rules. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

in2pro May 15th, 2008 8:50 PM

[/quote]

Now that's just funny. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Definitely Millers. MGD rules. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]
[/quote]

Real men drink Guinness ( I'm a fan of the dark brews what can I say)

Actually I perfer Shiner Bock Black

BMoTahoe May 15th, 2008 9:12 PM

Miller Lite is a fanfavorite because of the comercials. remember the old ones that starred the likes of Rodney Dangerfield, Bubba Smithand the rest of the old guys. They were funny. Made me want to start drinking. I remember the one where they were on a golf course and somebody said, "Hey Bubba, that tree's in the way". Bubba Smith went over and pulled the tree out of the ground, roots and all and said "Not any more". Bud Light has some good ones too, but those Miller Lite ads were the beginning of the funny ad campaigns.

Rhonda February 23rd, 2019 12:06 AM

Here’s the fix :)

You need to do a hard reset of your clock. On the touchscreen, select the MENU button, when the screen changes, touch the lower left corner and hold until the PIN screen appears. Now enter the PIN code 295660, touch NEXT PAGE, then SET TIME. Here’s a video that shows how to do it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Btlu6CBeJQs#

73shark February 23rd, 2019 12:40 AM

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the input.