Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2006, 1:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

I have a raised dent on the left driveer side of my hood on my 07 tahoe. I noticed it a week after my purchase. Its the diameter of a ball point pen. Should I take this back to the dealer?
Old October 28th, 2006, 5:56 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

I aint dating you.

Yeah .............according to another thread you already have a "partner"

What's his name?

Nutswinger
Old October 28th, 2006, 7:47 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

None of your business.
Old October 28th, 2006, 10:49 PM
CF Active Member

I currently do not have any dents..Guess I better go to the dealership and get some..........[:-]
Old October 29th, 2006, 1:48 AM
CF Active Member

I would. Doesn't hurt and it's kinda wierd that it is going the other way.
Old October 31st, 2006, 11:55 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, it had been about a week and I hadnt heard back from the GM customer service guy. So I called him tonight.

He told me he talked to the dealer and that they said they havent seen this on any other tahoes yet. He also said that this doesnt seem to be an issue of theirs, and that this doesnt seem to be a design problem. Well BS! There is a TSB that tells you how to close the hood, it mention dents can occur. Well first, my dealer didnt know of the TSB utnil my case. Secondly, I sure the hell didnt know about the TSB until this post!

Lastly, the guy said my local dealer and he agreed I should take it back to the dealer I purchaed it from and discuss this with them. LMAO. This is about a total 12 hour drive. I drove a full day to get this tahoe. But again, only because my local dealers wouldnt even give me a call back when I told them about the tahoe I had found and the price.

So i gave the guy my 2 cents that I am sure he laughed about and said oh well just one customer. But I am 26 and have had a total of 7 new Chrysler vehicles in 5 years. I am sure we will have another 30-50 new vehicles before I am dead and gone. However, I will not buy another Chevy. That is my feeling at this time, so dont hold that in stone Dave ! But I am pissed about this. 50k vehicle and not their issue the hood has to be shut and handled like a 500 yr old million dollar antique. GRRRRRRRRR.

GM, YOU HAVE NO NADS AND CANT ADMIT THIS IS A FRICKING DESIGN ISSUE. GET SOME *****, REASEARCH CHRYSLER. THEY RESOLVE ISSUES AND RECALL ITEMS RATHER THAN THROWING OUT A TSB ON A DESIGN FKUP! Sorry guys, I had to vent! This does **** me off!
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Is there any indication on the underside of the hood opposite the dent that might indicate that the hood was close on something that was higher than the clearance?
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:15 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DENTS BE GONE, FOR NOW! The cool dude of a man only charge me $50 to remove all 5 dents.

However, I was driving home and i was like, what the heck is that. Looked like a dark dirt streak on the hood. I had just washed the tahoe, so it wasnt dirty at all. Very out of place dirt.

So I get home go to look at the hood, the dam guy must have set his tool box on the hood. Why, who the hell knows. It has a big colored scratch on the hood. It was about 8 inches long. I worked to try and clean it off, however it wouldnt all come off. If it isnt one thing, it is another.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:25 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Landon,
Would you please stop your bitching and complaining, you’re acting a lot like my wife and it aint funny.

Have some dignity for Christ’s sake.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know... if the guy put his box on a Dodge hood... it would still get scratched.

Sorry - just had to say it.

Quick Reply: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!