Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:34 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

ZX,

Dam, take your HOE to the dealer and let them put 5 dents in your hood. Then let someone scoot a tool box around on it. If you dont mind, just give me that pleasure. I am sure you wouldnt mind everyone but yourself fking up your tahoe.

jlenkows,
Actually it wouldnt have gotten the scratch if it were a dodge! It wouldnt have been in the shop for the hood dents, HAAHAHAAHA. THey know how to make a hood open and close without a TSB and a one strut design that GM service people cant shut without denting it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
Old November 3rd, 2006, 2:00 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big, u r so right![sm=funnypostabove.gif]
jasonw75, your friend has a Doge p/u that u say isn't tough enough? well one of the guy's who deliver's the steel to our shop drives a '06 Ram 3500 crew-cab dully, and he dropped off a "chunk" of steel that weighed 7200 lbs! in the box of his truck!, yeah it was crammed right up against the back of the cab, but the truck didn't drag it's *** all over the road and that 5.9 Cummins pulled like a champ. so, unless your friend was driving one of those little D50's from the early 80's, he sure doesn't know what his truck can do.
Old November 5th, 2006, 4:55 PM
CF Active Member

i was talking to a guy at work about the issue of hood dents on the new Tahoe's and GM's position on this matter. GM is saying to only push on the front edge of the hood, right? the first thing he said was, "what is going to happen this winter with the snow?". good question. i mean, anyone who lives where it snows has no doubt had on coming cars hit the snow/slush between the lanes, and coated the front of your truck with a heavy wave of crap, imagine what that'll do to the hood! here's another question for ya, does anybody live in an area where the is a good chance of getting hail? i can just see someone running out in the middle of a hail storm with the comforter from the bed to protect the hood, sounds funny, but i sure wouldn't want to be that guy, 'cause we all know GM would say it's an act of God, and they're not responsable for it.
Old November 6th, 2006, 2:12 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

The sheet metal on most cars built in the last ten or so years is so thin that it doesn't take much hail to dent it. It's not just GM.
Old November 6th, 2006, 11:19 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mopar man:

Let's compare apples to apples. My friend has a 1/2 ton, I have a half ton. What you are speaking of is a one ton. If that were a chevy one ton, it would also fit in the back and not squat the suspension. Why don't you go hang out at moparforums.com!!!

Jason
Old November 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM
CF Addict

All I have to say about all of this talk is that "RAM's RULE". [8D][8D][8D][8D][&:][8D]
Old November 6th, 2006, 11:33 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big....

I'm sure you can double post at moparforums also.
Old November 6th, 2006, 1:34 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: jasonw75

Mopar man:

Why don't you go hang out at moparforums.com!!!

Jason
Hey it's Dodgetrucks.org. Get it right.
Old November 6th, 2006, 2:01 PM
CF Addict

Hey guys. NOPE, Sorry the double post issue is just another Chevrolet issue! HAHAHAHAHA [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][8D][8D][8D]
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:37 AM
CF Active Member

jason, just because my handle doesn't praise the land of Chevy doesn't mean i don't like them-i currently own 5 of them, but fact is fact, the Ram is a better truck-and i'm not just talkin' 'bout it's great looks! (boy, that'll sure get 'em going!)

Quick Reply: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!