Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

17 Tahoe LT Power Rear Lift Gate Issue

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2020, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17 Tahoe LT Power Rear Lift Gate Issue

Hi, all, new to the forum and glad to be here. Just purchased a used '17 Tahoe LT. Love it so far. Joined the forum as I love the Tahoe but am admittedly far less of a do-it-yourselfer and far less knowledgeable than the vast majority of members

I purchased the vehicle about a month ago, initially with no problems whatsoever. I've probably opened and closed the rear power liftgate hundreds of times already with no issues. Now, though, when I open the liftgate via either the key fob, interior button or gate itself, it will open just a few inches before shutting again. There doesn't seem to be any obstructions, and the gate will shut itself just fine once opened. I've also noticed that if I hold the gate and simply "guide" it slowly for the first few inches, it will open itself all the way after I let go.

Is anyone familiar with this issue or has anyone experienced it in the past? Is there a quick fix, or might I need a new part or sensor?

Thank you!