Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Painted Calipers [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Painted Calipers [PICS]

Well, we wont be taking it into the shop until tomorrow. Turns out I had to stay home with a sick lil one!

Your Tahoe is so damn clean!Makes me want to go wash mine, however it is raining at the moment.

I had a set of chrome handles and decided not to put them on. However, I think they look good on your tahoe. I just thought it gave the tahoe a cleaner look to keep the factory matched handles. Now I am seeming to lean towards the chrome handles. Grrr.
Old January 4th, 2007, 3:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. I had been contemplating doing mine in a royal blue to match the Indy Colts color. With my truck being white also I thought it might look good. I kinda have a Colts theme going on.

~digdug
Old January 4th, 2007, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

doo600, did you steal my car? No just kidding... Looks great. Now you need to put HID's, Zoomer's exhaust, Alpine overhead DVD and mudflaps and it would be a carbon copy of mine!

Seriously, I love my HID's. I put 6800K ones on for lo's and hi's. The Zoomer's exhaust is good for some rumble, hp and mpg, but the wife hates the tone! Mudflaps front and back make the car look great, and it keeps the cra** of the car. I love the white. My wife says it's boring and gets dirty just looking at it! I just keep it clean!

Great SUV!!!
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Actually white shows dirt less than any other color. IMO.
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

The parking brake cable could stick on one side only. If it's not the pbrake or collapsed hose, it could be a caliper piston sticking in the bore. Remote tho.
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:34 PM
CF Addict

Well, I took the Jeep in today. Of course, it wasnt having the issue when I took it to the shop. SO they are saying that since it seems to "release" when it cools down, then locks up when it is driven for a while that it may be a hose with a tiny pin hole, when it gets hot it wont release, then when it cools it does? They said they have seen this in ONE other case??? So, I said while they are putting on a new brake hose just to change the caliper too. I am tired of messing with it. Hopefully one or the other will be the fix! Thanks for your help guys!

Oh yeah, as for the parking break they told me it should be on both rear wheels? I see you mentiond it is just one side? I dont know, they acted like it wasnt the parking brake and it was working properly! I wish it was the ebrake, i would just have them take it off!
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Parking brakes are definitely on both wheels. I think he meant it could be just sticking on one side. Hopefully it's resolved.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:02 AM
CF Addict

I hope so too!
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:27 AM
CF Veteran

Anyone know of a dark red paint kit? I've used G2 but they don't have a red or maroon that would match the Sport Red. If I can get some discounted G2, I'll get red and black and see what I get. Hoping for a better option though.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:39 AM
CF Addict

Having a white Tahoe, I wouldnt mind paintin mine white. But I dont see them looking very good. I would think the brake dust would cover them the minute after you washed them? Does everyone agree? I have never had painted calipers.

Quick Reply: Painted Calipers [PICS]