Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Passenger side mirror has a mind of its own?! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/passenger-side-mirror-has-mind-its-own-46382/)

kstough November 6th, 2011 10:31 PM

Passenger side mirror has a mind of its own?!

I just had to replace the motor on my passenger side mirror. Since then, it has a mind of its own. When I turn the car off, it turn to the extreme right. I can manually readjust it using the four-way button on the inside of the door, so the wiring seems okay. All attempts to set new positions using the programming button on the door fail -- the next time I unlock the car, the mirror moves back to the extreme right position. Any position I program it for is ignored.

I suspect this has something to do with some computer in the car. What's going on? What are my options for getting the mirror to behave properly again? Is this something I can correct myself? If so, how? Or will I have to take the car to a dealer? THANKS! :confused:

73shark November 7th, 2011 8:34 PM

Welcome to the forum.

What year and model? If it's the new GMT 900, it may require dealer programming.

kstough November 7th, 2011 8:44 PM

2007 Tahoe LT

kstough November 7th, 2011 9:02 PM

Do you think it may fix itself if I reset the ECM or BCM?

73shark November 7th, 2011 9:12 PM

I think it requires programming at dealer.

kstough November 11th, 2011 8:49 PM

Bummer, hate to take to the stealership. We have been there way too much lately

Chevrolet Customer Service November 18th, 2011 9:38 AM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I also would suggest visiting the dealer. Better safe than sorry.

Louis
GM Customer Service