Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Pics of my 2007

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2006, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my 2007

I bought a New LTZ on Friday last week...already been in the shop 2 days with starter problems...anyone out there expereinced this problem? The dealership is stumped...calling GM Corporate for suggestions. I think it is the wiring...had a DVD installed by dealership after purchase..but they seem to think it is the electronic starter with no relation to the DVD install...one of the sales guys at the dealership says his wifes 07 Tahoe does the exact same thing...UGH!!! So frustrating to buy a new vehicle and then have it in the shop for two days!!! What happens is if you put the key forward in accessory position, but do not crank it, then turn the key backward to turn off the radio, it turns over to try to crank. If anyone else is having the same problem, would love to share notes.
Old April 19th, 2006, 2:10 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Found out yesterday from dealer that GM rejected the supplier's latest lot of 20" wheels. So now can add that to the nav/radio and rear camera shortages.[] May wait for Z71 option to become available if they don't get things rolling pretty soon. Or wait for 6 speed auto next year.
Old April 19th, 2006, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

I know a Gen. Mgr. that removed a set from a brand new LTZ that he might be willing to sell if the other stuff came in for you. He is with Carl Black in Nashville. Customer did not like the 20" wheels so he took them off and still has them in stock.
Old April 19th, 2006, 6:42 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the info. Probably get all of the other stuff when new wheels show up.[sm=burnout.gif] Guess I'll just wait.
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Some traffic! Shadow and I were thinking we were the only ones around!

Sorry to hear about your troubles- I've had no issues with my LT. That's a weird problem for sure!

Tco- I too am waiting for some aftermarket dash kits. There's a site I used to frequent (www.burtmanindustries.com) that had very high quality stuff for other brands- I'll email him and see what's on the drawing board for the '07's. I have the ebony interior and I think some real carbon fiber (his is awesome) or some higher quality, real wood dash inserts would look sweet

Check out these pics from some of his other pics- the pieces all have tapered edges and are real wood. The carbon fiber pieces are all real c.f. as well:

Damn the 6 speed auto is next year? If I had known that I might have waited. The 4 speed isn't nearly as nice as the 5 speed in my rattlebox Nissan Armada I traded. That's the one thing I wish GM would have done better for this latest version of the Tahoe.

Old April 21st, 2006, 1:27 AM
Administrator

Those pieces look great! That was the one thing I didn't like about the pieces I put on my TrailBlazer. They didn't have tapered edges which made them look like aftermarket. Do these fit over the existing trim?
Old April 21st, 2006, 1:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Right now, I don't know if there's anything designed. Jason is good about getting stuff done though, and if there's a need I think he'd get some kits done. The guys over at clubarmada.com really love his stuff. I ordered several things from him and all were of the highest quality.

On the '07 it looks to me like we'd have to pull the factory pieces, and then apply his pieces back in. I am curious if he'd have a few more pieces made for the kit as well.

Old April 21st, 2006, 1:56 AM
Administrator

Just checked out that website and it didn't appear that they have anything for the'07 Tahoe yet. Did I miss something?
Old April 22nd, 2006, 3:32 PM
CF Senior Member

love the colour of your truck mine blazer is black with all the body trim gone. but what a pain in the a%% to keep clean. i would like to upgrade the interior its kinda plain with two colour tan inside maby some black or carbon.
Old April 23rd, 2006, 4:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks!

I cleaned her up today and put the first coat of wax on. I'd snap some pics but my camera crapped out. The vertical grill looks sharp, but I'm still waiting on my chrome bowtie for the front. I'm also looking for some chrome oval bars to replace the factory running boards. Next week there's a tech from the dealership coming by to help me dynamat all of the doors and roof. I'll see if I can get hold of a camera and document the process- it should quiet the cabin down even more- although it's already pretty quiet!

I spoke with Jason, he says he can get whatever we'd like made. I'm going to snap some pics of the interior dash pieces and see if they can't fab up something nice to replace the cheez-ee factory pieces. A real wood burl would look beautiful and really spruce up the inside. I would think a carbon fiber would look sweet with dark leather for those of you with that built in.

Anyway, more to follow! I'll probably start a new thread when I find out something.

Quick Reply: Pics of my 2007