Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2016, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help!!!

99 suburban,5.7ltr vortec.
won't start so I don't know where to start.....engine cranks, has fire, has fuel, ran fine one day won't start the next. Somebody please help?
Old January 2nd, 2016, 3:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Is the check engine light on?
Old January 2nd, 2016, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, with a p1345 code, so I changed out the crankshaft sensor, and erased the code. It still won't start and the code popped back up
Old January 2nd, 2016, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

But it's ran with this same crankshaft camshaft correlation code for months just fine
Old January 2nd, 2016, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Well, just for kicks, I went out and tried to start it...it cranked over good but wouldn't go....I removed the breather right off the top of the intake, leaving everything plugged in that is between the air filter and throttle body, tried it...it started for a second or two (literally) then died and so I tried it a couple more times with nothing.....I then took some starting fluid (wich I had done a couple times before today) and just like those times.....NOTHING!...JUST CRANKING! (every once in a while it'll try to start but then just go back to cranking... ((3-5 seond long cranking) sometimes maybe a little longer if it tries but I don't like to hold the starter engaged that long)... (this is like day 4 of messin with this and I find myself repeating the same things to no avail)...I then frustratingly put my head on the steering wheel and grrrrrowl.....then try again for like the 3-5 time after the ether spray.....and it fires...ran for ohh about 5-7 seconds until I pushed the gas pedal and it dies.....I replaced the
breather and reluctantly gave it one more try....it tried fire but again ..NOTHING...I tride it a couple more times and then all of a sudden...it starter and i let it idle for a couple minutes revved it up a couple times...let it idle for a few minutes killed it, started it, drove it, and its like nothing g ever happened to it.....as a matter of fact it has the chk engine lite on and on a little autel Maxiscan CAN OBDII scan tool p1345 and p1345p come up....before I drove it p108 came up and I erased. It hasn't came back up....idk brother but thanks for responding. I'm still stumped as to why it wouldn't start but, I Thank God I'm not afoot now....
Old January 3rd, 2016, 6:44 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Before this problem started did any one do any work on the engine? Did any one do anything to the distributor? Is it possible that the somehow it got out of time?
Old January 3rd, 2016, 4:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 224 Likes on 198 Posts

Does this yr have the control module in the distributor? I had one go intermittently bad in my 93. Took 2 months before it totally died.