Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Problem with 2007 Tahoe Nav map DVD (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/problem-2007-tahoe-nav-map-dvd-1982/)

patman3065 July 24th, 2006 5:47 PM

Problem with 2007 Tahoe Nav map DVD

"The disc inserted is not a navigation map DVD".

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have owned my 2007 Tahoe LTZ with the factory Denso navigation system for almost a month now, but have been unable to use the nav system. I was advised by Chevy Customer Service that they have had several reports of discs that had a “bad burn,” and there is a one to two month back order on replacements. I purchased a second Navigation disc (sealed) on eBay while waiting for my warranty replacement disc, but still get the same error. I am now wondering if this is another badly burned disc or if my nav radio is on the fritz. FYI - I am inserting the DVD in the correct slot behind the screen and am also using the correct DVD version 1.10 (part#15807780).

sjenkinzz July 24th, 2006 8:11 PM

RE: Problem with 2007 Tahoe Nav map DVD

Exactly what problem are you having with the navigation?

I had to have mine replaced last month. Wondering if you are having the same problem.

Check this link to my problem with the nav unit....https://chevroletforum.com/m_3082/tm.htm

Pablo422 October 19th, 2007 5:11 PM

Hey guys. I know this post is a little old, but I'm having the same problem as Pat. The unit is telling me NO GPS signal, and is asking for a map disk when one is already in there.

Pat, what happened with your unit? How did they fix it, becuase it looks exactly like my problem, and the truck is less than a week old.

Paul

doo600 October 19th, 2007 7:12 PM

Maybe a stupid question but...

Are you putting the DVD in the CD player or are you using the hidden Nav DVD slot?

patman3065 October 19th, 2007 7:32 PM

Paul, I had to take my vehicle to the dealer for a warranty repair. I don't remember exactly what the problem was, but believe it was something to do with the disc reader.I recall ittook 2 or 3 days to fix the problem.

Pablo422 October 19th, 2007 11:06 PM

Thank you gents for both of your posts. Doo, I had it in the correct slot the first time, and for sheets and giggles I put it in the other one. Nonetheless, no NAV.

Pat, thank you as well. I will set up an appt. when I get back from vacation.

Paul

McGuireV10 October 24th, 2007 6:29 AM

I had that problem, too. I posted about it at the end of ZX1100's nav DVD problems thread.

Eventually it just went away and decided the DVD was correct after all. It had worked for a few hundred miles, we stopped for gas, I restarted the truck and suddenly it had a problem with the disc. I ejected and reinserted several times, and finally gave up. It was when I started driving away (the second time) that the error disappeared and it started navigating normally. Hasn't happened since then, so far.

ZX1100F1 October 24th, 2007 11:00 AM

Some copied media will give you fits even if the copy is error free, possibly due to the extra heat generated in the unit from reading this type of media.

McGuireV10 October 24th, 2007 4:12 PM

Ironically, I didn't have any problems those first few months using my burned copy of the 2003 Corvette nav disc. I experienced the error with the original DVD. I only switched to running a copy in the truck AFTER this incident, because I noticed the DVD was so extremely hot when I ejected it.

ZX1100F1 October 24th, 2007 6:48 PM

Can you tell (hear) if the cooling fan is working in the unit?