Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Problems Problems!! Please help

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2021, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems Problems!! Please help

I have 2003 Chevy Tahoe. 8th letter in vin is Z Truck was throwing code PO449. I know what that means and i already ordered the part. Its on the way. I drive it daily. Even though it is running a little “rich”. Today my truck had issues starting, It has a lazy fuel pump. Already brought a new fuel pump, just haven’t put it on. Truck was reading 1/4 tank of gas and wouldn’t start. I sprayed some starter fluid into my air filter and my mass air flow sensor. Still wouldn’t start. Got a ride to the gas station, put 2 gallons of in my gas can, came back poured it into truck and she started right up. Drove to the store and back, noticed my temperature gauge was going up and up, got back home, and truck was smoking from under the hood. I took a look and saw the serpentine belt had broke. Once it cooled down i check all the pulleys and the were all ok. Put a brand new serpentine belt on it. Last week i put a brand new throttle body on it and a throttle body fuel control actuator module on it. I also put a brand new mass air flow sensor on it. So now it idling high. I thought it was my idle control sensor or my throttle body position sensor. But my truck doesnt have neither of those, and it’s overheating again. Dont know whats wrong. Please help. Thanks
Old August 25th, 2021, 12:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fixed the overheating issue serpentine belt was on wrong. I have a brand new throttle body on the truck, and a brand new throttle fuel control actuator module on it and im getting code PO507. My truck has a electronic throttle body so it doesn’t have a idle control sensor or a throttle position sensor. I tried to do the relearn process where you let it run for 3 minutes and shut it off for 60 seconds, did that 3 times and it didnt work
Old August 25th, 2021, 4:28 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 167 Likes on 154 Posts

Try this

https://www.autocodes.com/pdfview.ph...ng%20Procedure