Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Puddle light supposed to work on exit or not - confused (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/puddle-light-supposed-work-exit-not-confused-6165/)

tq5223 March 22nd, 2007 12:39 AM

Puddle light supposed to work on exit or not - confused

Had my first service appointment yesterday. I asked the dealer to look at the puddle light and make them work when exiting the car. I also handed them a print out of post number 6 here https://chevroletforum.com/m_14997/tm.htmso there would be no confusion on how to program it. When I picked up my car the following was fixed according the invoice:

1. Key fob reprogram - warranty
2. New battery - warranty replacement
3. Oil change
4. Tire rotation

There was also a note saying that there is nothing wrong with my puddle lights and they are not supposed to light up when exiting the car. The service tech had checked with a car on the lot and it did not light up the puddle lightseither.

What is the correct answer?

73shark March 22nd, 2007 1:14 AM

RE: Puddle light supposed to work on exit or not - confused

Work on unlock at nite when entering.

genestoy March 22nd, 2007 1:22 AM

Just checked my 07 and they only come on when unlocking with the remote. They do not come on when exiting the door, which is when they really should come on also, another gm bright idea.

RonH March 22nd, 2007 3:12 AM

When you're inyourvehicle and ready to exit, you have the remote in your hand when you pull the key out of the ignition. Can't you just hit theunlock button on the remote before you open the door?

tahoe07 March 22nd, 2007 1:27 PM

Sure you could but I could grab the flashlight and shine it out real quick. This situation is rediculous...

C'mon GM adjust the settings to allow this to come on as I open the door.

RockstarDaddy March 22nd, 2007 3:00 PM

The answer is......

Shoe Lights!

Everyone shold buy some and send the bill to GM.

RonH March 22nd, 2007 5:24 PM

OK, If that's too much of a mental leap to hit the remote button when you've got the thing in your hand, then here's some sure-fire solutions.

Don't drive when it's dark.
Don't drive when there are puddles.

DEI March 23rd, 2007 1:26 AM

If you're in the vehicle and getting out doesn't the dome light shed enough light outside? And would the puddle light really put out enough light in the right spot to make a difference if your door is open? With that said, I too think it should come on regardless!! ;)

73shark March 23rd, 2007 2:11 AM

DEI is right on target. I checked mine last nite and with the door open, about all that gets illuminated is your front wheel. The interior lites do much better.

ZX1100F1 March 23rd, 2007 1:19 PM

If you guys want to make the puddle lamps illuminate upon exit it's simple to set yourself, here's how:

Park the vehicle in a dark area (at night), turn the ignition key on-off-on-off-on-off and then leave it on.
next open the drivers door and exit the vehicle and then go around and open all four doors and the liftgate starting at the rear left passenger door and going counter-clock-wise, then get back in vehicle and turn the key off-on-off-on-off and then leave it on once again, now put the transmission in "Low-1" then back into "Park" then into "Drive" and leave it there, now set the parking brake and exit the vehicle and close all the doors and the liftgate starting at the passenger side and going clock-wise.
Next using the transmitter hit the lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock and then hold all buttons down simultaneously for 15 seconds until the reverse lights go out and there you have it.
One last thing though; you have only 10 seconds to complete this procedure so you may need to practice a couple of times to get it right.

Enjoy!