Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Ranch Quick-Lift on '07 Tahoe (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/ranch-quick-lift-07-tahoe-8825/)

paradisepatiosAZ August 2nd, 2007 11:22 PM

Ranch Quick-Lift on '07 Tahoe

Anyone give this a shot yet? Mine is on it's way & can't wait to see how it works. Looking to fit 285/50R22's, about a 33"x11" tire. Do you know if they recommend using strut compressor to remove the front struts or can you support the control arm w/ a bottle jack (with the tire off the ground), break the bottom ball joint loose, loosent the lower strut bolts, drop the arm, etc... then reverse? Similar process to taking off the lower control arm on a 2x. I won't be attempting this myself... My Pop's is a pro mechanic w/ lift & all thetools but is gettin' lazy in his old age & said to take it to a shop!
Maybe the resident pro ZX100F1 can give me some tips.
I'll post step by step photos and description & post it once done.

Hope to hear some tips & will be back in a few weeks w/ an update.

paradisepatiosAZ August 2nd, 2007 11:26 PM

RE: Ranch Quick-Lift on '07 Tahoe

Dang... No editing your post! ... I meant to RANCHO Quick Lift... Oh well.

snomon August 3rd, 2007 12:24 AM

RE: Ranch Quick-Lift on '07 Tahoe

I have 2" Tuff Country Leveling coil spacers and I fit 285/55/20 BFG's perfectly. Check out this link for detailed instructions from a similar kit from TrailMaster:

http://trailmastersuspension.com/instructions/CL220.pdf

paradisepatiosAZ August 3rd, 2007 7:37 PM

RE: RanchO Quick-Lift on '07 Tahoe

Hey thanks for the link... Looks even easier than I thought. So the spec's on your tires say they are 11.25 wide by 32.5 high & you get no rubbing in turns or compression? I wonder if an extra .75 in height will cause any issues...
You'll have to post some pic's of your ride. I haven't seen any on here with the lift leveling kit.

I appreciate the feedback.

snomon August 3rd, 2007 11:39 PM

Sorry about the shadow, I'll take better ones later. I have NO rubbing issues right now. I have a set of molded GM front flaps (ones that will mold to the running boards) I'm going to see if they fit w/o rubbing later this weekend. Will keep you updated. Anyway I'm waiting for Superlift's 3/4" rear spacers to come out later this month as I think the front is too high relative to the back. I was hoping that Autoride would auto level after the front install, but it didn't. I'll take better pictures soon.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10609/606B2B4FA97548E7B4D74F049530BAE9.jpg[/IMG]

a016738 August 5th, 2007 8:16 AM

Can't wait to hear how this fits...this is exactly the setup I'm about to attempt myself with the Nitto Terra Grapplers...the only somewhatofforad 22" tire I could find in a sub-35" size. Need something I can do snow, rain, mud, etc.. with.

Check out this link for a great tire/wheel combination comparison calculator.
http://gti-vr6.net/library/engine/Sc...ldiameters.htm

Looking to do 22x9.5 ET18 wheel and the 285/50R22 tires and praying thatwith the 2" lift in the front and 1.5" coil spacers in the rear that I only have to do some minimal heat gun work to get them stuffed in. Really hoping not to have to trim the outer fender.

snomon August 13th, 2007 1:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: a016738

Can't wait to hear how this fits...

I put the GM molded flaps all around. They make special flaps that take the running boards into consideration. See below. There aren't any rubbing issues (forward and reverse) with my 285/55/20 BFG's with 2" leveling kit.

Attachment 16323

Attachment 16324
Attachment 16325

paradisepatiosAZ August 28th, 2007 1:15 AM

OK... Just completed the "Quick" Lift. It was not veryquick, but better than installing an actual lift kit. It took about half a day to install and that included a trip to a local shop to compress the struts and swap out the springs to the Rancho struts. It provided almost 2" of lift to the front. This makes it about a half inch lower in the front than the rear, but barely noticeable. I took picks through the installation process and will post those soon. I would recommend having a shop do it unless you are pretty experienced wrenching on cars. You definately will appreciate another person helping out, if nothing other than to multi-task and speed up the process.
Now! To pick out rims & tires!!! I'm leaning toward 33x12.5/20's Toyo M/T's on what rims......? Just too many choices... Anybody seen Black Rhino, Kenya rims in person?

snomon August 28th, 2007 8:36 AM

Is your front end stiffer now? I noticed my spacers did change the ride, but still not bad. I think the body roll is too much now and will be looking into adding Eibach or Hotchkis sway bars and see if it improves. A tech from Hotchkis emailed me and said if you order direct and tell them about the leveling kit, they will give you correct hardware to fit.

paradisepatiosAZ August 29th, 2007 11:28 PM

I think it made a BIG improvement. I really wasn't a big fan of the way it handled before. It had asmooth ride, but way too much body roll & mush to the ride. I have the adjustment on the Rncho's set in the middle and it handles great. It is stiffer than the back so I'm going to pick up Rancho XL9000's so I can set them both at the same level. It turns with a lot less roll that it did before, but with the stock shocks in the back it porpoise's when you hit a dip or bump. I will probably set it back down to the softest setting until I get the rears although that will probably bring back the mush of the stock ride. I'll post some new pic's in a week or so when I get the rims & tires on it.
Hey, how do you like the i-pod lock pick? Can you control the i-pod from the touch screen? And did you change out the Bose speakers?