Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear emblem painted

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2007, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear emblem painted

Okay, so I took off the gold plastic peice on the rear emblem, using a credit card this works great and didnt take but 5 minutes, I would really like to have it painted, does anyone know where you can purchase a summit white painted rear emblem with the chrome trim surround? Ive looked on ebay and searched for a thread, but I cant find it. I also want the front emblem painted white with the chrome trim.Any help would be great.

Has anyone bought any of this stuff from regency?do they sell this stuff to the public?

-B
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:54 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Rear emblem painted

Well if you paint the piece of the emblem you took off of the rear it will natrually have a chrome surrounding underlay when you glue the painted piece back on because of the chrome bowtie that is still attached, right? So all you would need to do is paint the gold piece white.

Iwas never able to find anyone who actually sold color bowties so I had my bowties painted at my local dealership. It cost me $50 and they look awesome. Iwould recommend callingyour dealership and asking about it or even a paint and body shop. Of course you could alwayspaint the bowties yourself,Ibelieve there are a few people within this forumthat have done that.
Old August 13th, 2007, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

Unfortunately the gold peice broke during the removal, thats why I cant have that portion painted, good idea though.
Old August 13th, 2007, 2:26 PM
CF Active Member

Ahhh Gotcha, yeah that happened to mine too
Old August 13th, 2007, 4:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Min cracked in half too... But I glued it back together and sanded it and painted it. You can hardly notice it was ever cracked.
Old August 14th, 2007, 10:14 AM
CF Junior Member

I painted the bowties on my '07 Tahoe and after getting rid of that ride for an '07 Yukon XL, I have since painted both of the GMC emblems on this vehicle. I just carefully taped around the chrome bezel (MUCH harder on a GMC) then sprayed a couple coats of adhesion promoter, another couple coats of primer, then a couple of coats of color. It was that easy! The key is the adhesion promoter and spraying light coats. You can find almost all "GM" colors available at certain auto parts stores.