Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacement Keys.

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2018, 2:09 AM
CF Beginner

OliviaPatric3456ghjiklmnopqrstuvwxy's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you lost a key fob, a good locksmith may be able to help you make a new one – depending on how sophisticated the key was. Additionally, they should be able to help you reprogram the replacement key, though your manual may also have instructions on how to do that.If your car key is lost or stolen, you may be able to claim for the cost of a replacement on your car insurance policy. Some insurers offer key cover as standard on their car insurance policies.
Old December 25th, 2018, 2:43 AM
CF Beginner

Maurice white456789jcgklnongfytresk's Avatar

Smile

A professional locksmith will be able to make a key from almost any lock. It can be done but you will usually need to take the lock to a Locksmith or call then out. They should be able to make a replacement key or they can just rekey the lock so it's using a new key.
Old December 25th, 2018, 7:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

they can cut the key from a code...they only need a lock cylinder if the tumblers have been changed from original.
Old January 29th, 2019, 4:29 AM
CF Beginner

Great idea, it's a good way to get key cut at cheaper price. Thanks would definitely use woodstock locksmith for sure...
Old January 31st, 2019, 1:48 AM
CF Beginner

Long Island Locksmith have cut this one to me for free and after that i've decided to be their lifelong customer.
Old February 4th, 2019, 12:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased an OEM GM key and had it cut for a couple of bucks. I programmed it myself. Here's my new key https://www.gmpartsprime.com/oem/gm-...-23335584.html
Old February 18th, 2019, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

That's great if any tips for me please share because i also want to program it by own and don't wanna hire locksmith staten island.
Old April 18th, 2019, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Maurice white456789jcgklnongfytresk
A professional locksmith will be able to make a key from almost any lock. It can be done but you will usually need to take the lock to a Locksmith or call then out. They should be able to make a replacement key or they can just rekey the lock so it's using a new key.
I took it to sheffield locksmith and they've helped me out in doing lock replacement.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 3:57 AM
CF Beginner

Question: how did some of you "Learn" or "Program" a New Key in your Truck ?

I only got 1 key with mine and have had a second one cut and would love to be able to avoid going to dealership

thanks in advance
Old August 3rd, 2019, 3:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ctccc
Ace hardware will cut them for free. Got mine off ebay today. Walmart wouldn't cut it, saying machine wouldn't recognize it and some other bull, but Ace did it for free. Programming takes all of 15 seconds. I have an 2009 suburban, keys cost me 10 bucks off ebay and works fine

Can I ask you how you programmed the new replacement key ?

Quick Reply: Replacement Keys.