Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Stabletrack/Traction Control on 2012 suburban 1500.

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2018, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Stabletrack/Traction Control on 2012 suburban 1500.

First the Service StableTrack light comes on then sometimes it also turns off the StableTrack/Traction Control systems. It happens whenever the temperature outside is over 70 degrees. Often the alternator is below 14 volts. I tried adding an extra ground cable, cleaning the battery cables, using four letter words. the last time the light came on cost me $4,500 to fix the 4/8 engine system. Any ideas?
Old June 25th, 2018, 9:08 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AFAIK, on these vehicles, the alternator dash gauge will not often read 14v. The system is designed to only charge the battery when needed, reducing load on the engine, to improve MPG, while reducing battery life ...

do you have a check engine now? Many places will pull codes for free... Advance Auto I think, maybe pep boys? Auto Zone, etc.
I'm not sure what year it 'ended' but the 5.3 has an electronic throttle body that likes to fail, causing alerts.
Old June 25th, 2018, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alternator reads the 15 plus except when temp over 71..especially if the air is on when I start the engine. Imediatly get the check stabletrack light. The check engine light is not on and there are no codes.